Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8 section brocade question -> Draw the bow to shoot the hawk

Greetings,

In the end, it all comes down to intention and diligent practice. There are many paths to the top of the mountain.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    the inhalation on the extension opens up the channels of the arms, preparing it for the following exercise, the single arm raise. That sequence takes the foundation already established and extends the chi outward to the hands.
    Interesting how totally different different people’s views can be on these exercises. The perspective I apply to the single arm raise is that it's mostly about lower spine, core, and inner organs, but if you look at the extended hands it's not at all about energy flowing out to them from the central body. When extending and twisting the limbs it's more like vitality is being generated right there, in the forearms and hands, like wringing water out of a wet towel.

Not that I'm in any way questioning the value of your approach, which reminds me more of a taiji/daoyin view on the exercise. Just reflections thoughts and guesses.

Hi rett2,

I am not always comprehensive with my descriptions. it is just to make a point about the breathing. I agree that the way I learned is more aligned with daoyin. Again, there are many paths. I enjoy the discussion we are having.

mickey