Thread: Wing Chun vs Karate

Wing Chun vs Karate

Some may like this. Not sure if it was ever posted in the past. I believe there are 10 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZL1-dqQHE

Well I thought these boys did amazing. The only conclusion I have based on my abilities is to go for a leg pick and down them. One of them seemed adept there. I would have trouble with that extended guard and I boxed with an extended guard. My jab and eyes were so bad I just stuck it out until I touched and unloaded with a right. With that kick always knocking me back, I'm screwed. I got a front to but its different. I cant circle, these guys spin on a top! I cant swing or I get a stiff arm in the face. I was IMPRESSED!

It seems the rest of you may not have been. Sorry.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 03-25-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Have you guys seen this before? I watch this and I am very impressed. Be hard for me to get around those guy. They spin on a dime. The dang front kick always slamming the hip. I got a front kick to but it is not like that. I'm watching and think all I got is an ankle pick,if I catch the leg. I could maybe crack your hands. But I think some of those dudes will make me miss. If I go wide I get stiff armed. Its a solid guard for stand up. I could try grabbing your extended but you would probably float into another stiff arm. Id do that anyway. Its a good guard no gloves.

I guess the question is how does wing chun defeat it's own guard? Does wing chun break down when 2 of the same go at it?

Could circling my lead like you guys chain punch motion, knock the hand down and back into a punch? Or clear the path and it becomes fair game , who ever hits first with their rear? How do I close or open that guard. Cresent kick sucks, you'll just move you hand unless you are new. Rush and tackle? Im not 200 + with a 300 pound bench. Im not big enough. I'd prefer to open you up but I think closing you is safer. That's a great guard. Old time boxers used something similar. If I pull your guard you are strong. If I slap it up, if you've extended to much, Maybe I can come in underneath at a at an angle. I don't want to pop it down. Your arm movement can recover possibly faster than I can get there. Id hook you if you slapped my arm down. Play your game and try to bridge and negate by closing and holding and tripping? Your better at it. Your turns are tight. Thats a weakness as well. How can I exploit that? Come back to it latter. Slap the guard closed and rush? Your middle is not walled. Open it up, slap it up and slam a hard one into the liver. Guard goes away. Hand out of play. Maybe.
    I cant come around your back hand. You'll spin on your **** dime. I got to remove that guard. A guy that cant use it probably a non issue. Some that can, like that one dude. Difficult.

Fakes and feints. I was never good enough with that stuff. You guys present an excellent conundrum. I have to draw.

Any tips would be great. Probably none forth coming. Thanks.

Im not worried of getting hit. EYES Im done. Everyone would probably be. I worried how do I get to hit you back? That's a great guard. if took a similar guard how could I use it against this? I can trap but not as you guys do it. More like wraps. That become holds. Head hunters be careful. Just a brilliant guard.

That guard actually slows your advisories action down. Like being on the ground in a way. Brillant.

I take it you guys don't look at guards the same way I do. I was attempting to figure out how I could overcome it based on the way I used to fight in the ring.
    I could not do things others could and vise versa. So I have to approach it from this is what you know you can do, can you get around it or will you always be walking into those 2 main poles. Something that require further thought. As it stands, I could not use how I could box against it unless you wore gloves . Even then, I am impressed by that guard.

Thanks for sharing.