Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: the most secret skill in kung fu

i dont know if doctors explained to u but spinal discs have no blood vessels and the best way to pump nutrients in it is by mechanical action.

basically u can sell ur inversion table and just do dips and pull ups

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

No I'll keep it. I like it a lot. it is doing as I hope it would. Stretch the muscle in a way I am not able to by other methods.

I should have said, I don't have any spinal damage aside for the bulging disc and arthritis and I have probably and that so long it never bothered me. My injury would be more akin to a whiplash type injury. Soft tissue damage. It limits the types and amounts of stress you can apply. That's what I have found out anyway.
    I don't just hang as a work out ,lol. I just use it to stretch muscle that more than likely tighten up to stabilize for others that got damaged. Read up on whiplash and you may find recovery can take along time. In some cases it does not happen fully. I don't want to be that person.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Okay lets me ask this.

Is there anyone here that managed to get that 300 lbs bench? 500lbs squat and the same or higher with the deadlift? Or anyone just have some pet lift that you were ungodly strong at?

Brat, I assume you read about the time I got jumped. One of the guys I was in it with was a bodybuilder. He went pro but never did better than local events really. But man was he strong. He did 500lbs squat, 3 times his senior year. He had the best squat that year. He was also the guy I mentioned was a far better fighter than me. Yeah , he hit hard. He was Isshin Ryu and judo.
    315 BP for 6 reps.
    405 deadlift for 5 reps
    385 squat for 10 reps ( I don't squat heavy do to past knee injuries).

Nothing near those numbers now since I don't do heavy weights anymore.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

FINALLY ! I knew there had to be someone that hit those bigger numbers. Good job. Were you always strong or just along time to get that? Honestly, at any time I went back to weights on a serious level, 9 months was the longest I stuck to being consistent. My biggest reason for failing I would suggest. I would have loved a bench like that.

FINALLY ! I knew there had to be someone that hit those bigger numbers. Good job. Were you always strong or just along time to get that? Honestly, at any time I went back to weights on a serious level, 9 months was the longest I stuck to being consistent. My biggest reason for failing I would suggest. I would have loved a bench like that.
    It was something I did because I was trying a powerlifter phase in my strength training routine.
    Those numbers aren't much though, most guys in the gym had bigger number and the steroid guys even more so.
    Honestly, if I had juiced it those would have been warm up numbers, LOL !

The bench is not a true test of strength IMO, I did it simply because that is what one did.
    You need to understand that big numbers are not the important unless of course a person is trying to get uber-strong.

General strength training is crucial for a MA IMO, even for everyday people really, I mean, we tend to lift things all the time so why NOT be strong ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I've always liked squats more than chest or isolation of a certain group for the shear fact its more weight distributed over body. I haven't lifted heavy now in some years. Still put up good numbers but as every person finds out time starts to be a battle we can't win only postpone. Joints hurt more now, long recovery times, etc.etc.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    ok bro then give me ur traditional hung gar lifting protocol

whole philosophy of ur shaolin kung fu is to surpass pre heaven natural abilities

i did that starting strength bullsh1t to 240 then my spine disc explode, had no money ate once or twice a day and had to even count the number of meatballs to microwave. then i got some money for food did some bodybuilding body weight went from 130 to 190 pounds, but doing light baby weights. now im googling better program and want to lift heavy again. doing some high rep stuff 200 for 13 rep rite now
    A) I don't practice Hung Gar per se. I practice several things that contribute to my overall well being, strength and pugilistic ability.
    B) We should always work at making our bodies the best we can. This comes and goes with other acivities in our lives, but in our youth, there's no real excuse.
    C) "Truth is a pathless land." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Okay lets me ask this.

Is there anyone here that managed to get that 300 lbs bench? 500lbs squat and the same or higher with the deadlift? Or anyone just have some pet lift that you were ungodly strong at?

Brat, I assume you read about the time I got jumped. One of the guys I was in it with was a bodybuilder. He went pro but never did better than local events really. But man was he strong. He did 500lbs squat, 3 times his senior year. He had the best squat that year. He was also the guy I mentioned was a far better fighter than me. Yeah , he hit hard. He was Isshin Ryu and judo.
    My senior year in HS i was able to put together

350 BP 2 reps
    225 BP 48 reps
    640 Squat 8 reps
    750 Deadlift 6 reps

I lifted twice a day 4 days a week and was a legit D1 football prospect so weightlifting was pretty much my job.

i did that starting strength bullsh1t to 240 then my spine disc explode,
    Just curious why, please explain....
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

Quote Originally Posted by pakuakid View Post
    My senior year in HS i was able to put together

350 BP 2 reps
    225 BP 48 reps
    640 Squat 8 reps
    750 Deadlift 6 reps

I lifted twice a day 4 days a week and was a legit D1 football prospect so weightlifting was pretty much my job.
    Another! You guys be proud of your past and present accomplishments. I respect that stuff. It is also stuff most can easily relate to in terms of strength measurement. There is no question what you generated. I know some might take it as bragging but I asked! I wanted to know. Thanks.

i would be a lot stronger if i didnt follow internal kung fu advice and avoid muscle. and after i started lifting years of qigong had severely weakened my abdominal wall leading to spinal instability which caused spinal disc injury during deadlift..

good................................

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Just curious why, please explain....
    did not address muscular weakness and imbalance from sedentary lifestyle

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

i dont know if doctors explained to u but spinal discs have no blood vessels and the best way to pump nutrients in it is by mechanical action.

basically u can sell ur inversion table and just do dips and pull ups
    inversion tables are for release of pressure more than anything.

My brother went through a bout with a bad disc or two.

His solution as given by his doctor was to consume water before bed.
    Discs absorb water while you sleep and get back to better shape through that, pretty much on their own.

Otherwise, yeah, if you are a tv watching cheeto eater, best to slowly get into training as opposed to jumping in full blast.
    stuff takes time! lol

Impatience and unchecked desire causes many training injuries.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"Impatience and unchecked desire causes many training injuries."

Yes, many training marriages too
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    "Impatience and unchecked desire causes many training injuries."

Yes, many training marriages too
    lol. yes...I suppose that would bring on a shotgun wedding.
    Kung Fu is good for you.