Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the most secret skill in kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Wirey guys tend to make gains in strength but not in size and they have to put in a lot of extra work to get bigger.
    wiry guys dont eat enough.

shaolin monk soldiers ate one pound of tofu a day and tubs of rice.

in chinese army promotion means more meat rations
    Last edited by bawang; 03-20-2015 at 12:33 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi.

I'm not saying it doesn't or can't happen. There are indeed smaller people who can handle bigger, stronger types...I've seen it myself. The kind of nonsense in CMA that I was referring to was about stories of internal powers to be gained that are obviously untrue:

1) Sending an (highly trained) opponent flying 30 feet away with a simple, effortless strike or push. And in a real fight, not in a contrived demo.

2) The ability to jump or levitate from the ground up onto the roof. One supposed incident even reported that a southern master challenged a Taiji master. The southern master showed his mastery by jumping from the ground to the rooftop. When he turned around, he realized that, unknown to him, the Taiji master was behind him and had 'stuck to him' by touching his shoulder the whole time. The southern master conceded defeat. These types of accounts are ridiculous even if it's a low roof.

3) The ability to control or kill someone by simply pointing at him.

Those are only a few examples. There were people who actually believed that stuff, and some probably still do. There are indeed benefits from deep breathing, qigong, etc. And there are people who are capable of some very impressive feats and skills. I'm not discounting that at all. But some things have crossed over into the world of fantasy. IMO, the very best would be to combine both types of development, 'internal' and 'external'. And the line between the 'two' can become blurred.

In Taiwan, I saw a number of middle-aged or older Taiji teachers who claimed to do only 'internal' training. None of those particular individuals seemed very healthy, or even skilled. Meanwhile, another old guy who'd been a weightlifter in China when younger, and still emphasized strength as well as brisk daily walking, had far greater vitality and good health, as well as mental clarity, than those who de-emphasized vigorous exercise. Ironically, I'm sure the strong old guy had more 'internal' development than those particular Taiji masters.
    I totally agree with you. It's like the yin and yang you cannot have one without the other. Interestingly (according to my instructor) whether you are practicing an internal or external style you will eventually end up in the same place. The external will soften or become more internal and the internal will become harder. both will be at the same fulcrum so to speak. Few people ever reach that level though. I've been practicing internal arts for many years now. I can actually punch out a candle from about 1'8" away. I also am not discounting these things and I've seen some pretty weird stuff. I actually saw a dude from India (not sure if he had any martial arts training) levitate himself off the floor a few inches. It was freaky! I asked my teacher about some of this stuff and he told me his teacher told him that he had witnessed lots of amazing feats back in the old days but those guys ate drank and breathed this stuff for the greater part of their lives and as they were difficult skills they weren't passed down to subsequent generations. One totally weird thing happened to me once and I am sure that I couldn't replicate it if I tried. I was working at a timeshare sales place and I was on break. One of the other guys started talking about kung fu and I told him about the iron plam stuff I used to do. He asked me to demonstrate it but I was unsure since I hadn't done it in years and there really wasn't anything readily available to break. I rubbed my palm and did some deep breathing exercises for about a minute then I lightly tapped him on the shoulder. He jolted back and seemed startled. He said that he had felt something like an electric shock from the place on his shoulder where I put my hand all the way to his crotch. The next day he told me that for years he had problems with his rotator cup in that shoulder but amazingly it was like totally healed. I left that day somewhat shaken. I've never tried anything like that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    I totally agree with you. It's like the yin and yang you cannot have one without the other. Interestingly (according to my instructor) whether you are practicing an internal or external style you will eventually end up in the same place. The external will soften or become more internal and the internal will become harder. both will be at the same fulcrum so to speak. Few people ever reach that level though. I've been practicing internal arts for many years now. I can actually punch out a candle from about 1'8" away. I also am not discounting these things and I've seen some pretty weird stuff. I actually saw a dude from India (not sure if he had any martial arts training) levitate himself off the floor a few inches. It was freaky! I asked my teacher about some of this stuff and he told me his teacher told him that he had witnessed lots of amazing feats back in the old days but those guys ate drank and breathed this stuff for the greater part of their lives and as they were difficult skills they weren't passed down to subsequent generations. One totally weird thing happened to me once and I am sure that I couldn't replicate it if I tried. I was working at a timeshare sales place and I was on break. One of the other guys started talking about kung fu and I told him about the iron plam stuff I used to do. He asked me to demonstrate it but I was unsure since I hadn't done it in years and there really wasn't anything readily available to break. I rubbed my palm and did some deep breathing exercises for about a minute then I lightly tapped him on the shoulder. He jolted back and seemed startled. He said that he had felt something like an electric shock from the place on his shoulder where I put my hand all the way to his crotch. The next day he told me that for years he had problems with his rotator cup in that shoulder but amazingly it was like totally healed. I left that day somewhat shaken. I've never tried anything like that again!
    r u on bath salts bro

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    r u on bath salts bro
    LOL.

That one did cross into the realms of hocus-pocus. But I was not there!

r u on bath salts bro
    I get this lots. It's ok. I was at a get together in Bangkok where lots of English teachers were. There was this dude from Goa, India named Vivik. He showed us this video on his phone of him supposedly levitating off the floor. One of the guys, a Brit told him that he wouldn't believe it even if he saw it. So this dude had everyone gather around him in a circle and he started this chanting sort of stuff and he closed his eyes. No kidding the dude did actually come up off the floor maybe 3 inches with absolutely no bending of his legs to jump whatsoever and it was slow not like he jumped. Probably lasted 3 seconds in total. Brit dude shat his pants much like the rest of us. Then he went over and grabbed a guitar and started jamming some totally perfect Megadeath. Ya had to be there.
    Last edited by Brat; 03-20-2015 at 03:26 PM.

It's cool Brat. We were not there so we don't know what you saw. The guy could have been a talented street magician ? I personally don't believe in floating unless you call being so drunk it feels like you are as real. Thanks for the story.

India is loaded with street magic. Some of those guys are masters. Not as you described but we have all seen David Blain. Indian Holy-men are known for a trick or 2. They are people after all. Prone to having a good time with others. They give you glimpse and leave it at that. Otherwise you'll figure out what they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1I8cLhCcQ4

Greetings,

Brat,

That levitator had to rub liniment on his joint for the next two weeks. His guitar play was sublimated screaming. You've got to see the signs, man! It was all there. It was just a hard on.

mickey

Name:  200 (19).jpg
Views: 274
Size:  14.8 KB

Just because some people can't float I swear...
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

I'm not saying it wasn't some form of trickery but it really appeared that he was hovering off the floor. One gal a South African stooped down and looked and said that nothing was touching the floor under his feet. There were no wires. How he did it is beyond me. Also when he lifted off the floor his feet swung outwards like he had been picked up by the shoulders only problem is that there was nothing there.

Hi Brat,

I was just joking. I do believe in those abilities.

mickey

My teacher had some good stories about his teacher's instructor who died in 1917. His name was (as best I can remember) Leung cho or something like that. Translated as Dragon Cho and it was a given name his real name and all I don't know. Anyway Dragon Cho was a local legend in Southern China. He had come from the north originally from Shanxi province. He was regarded as one of the great Xingyi masters of the day although he would never get the publicity belonging to Sun lu Tang or Jiang rong chow. His name derived form the fact that he could spring over an eight foot wall from the low dragon posture in xingyi. He was also reputed to have a skill of being able to shout a high pitched Kiap that could temporarily deafen an opponent.
    My instructor's teacher (whose name I don't know) trained with Dragon cho for about 6 years. Apparently Dragon cho was regarded as an abrasive man and under no circumstances would accept students. This was attributed to the fact that he had been in so many fights from guys challenging him in his younger days he was afraid to reveal any of his secrets. My teacher's teacher's father was a businessman who Dragon Cho was indebted to for a sizable sum of money. His father told Dragon Cho that he would release him from all obligations of the debt if he would teach his son. Reluctantly Dragon Cho agreed due to the impossibility of being able to pay off the debt.
    At first it was difficult to train under Cho because he was not interested in teaching and gave the son lots of hardships. Eventually Cho got used to his pupil and they developed a friendship. Teacher said that his teacher told him many stories of the feats Dragon Cho could do and swore that he witnessed them. On one occasion he and and Dragon Cho were racing to Cho's house across a field with the stipulation that the person who got there first would not have to go to the market to buy food. Dragon Cho was well advanced in years and the student could easily keep up with him. They approached a wall which had an opening about 25 meters to the right that they would have to go through. Dragon Cho however ran straight toward the wall and hurdled it clearing it well more thn a meter without missing a beat. The wall was higher than the student's head.
    On another occasion Dragon Cho and his student were traveling away from their town and stopped into an inn to have some food. There was some kind of problem at the place which brought the local magistrate, a well known Kung fu master. The man was just as ornery as Dragon cho and the two got into an argument. Dragon cho was sitting in a chair and finally told the magistrate if he could succeed in pulling him out of the chair he would go with the magistrate to be arrested. The guy tried for about 30 minutes to remove Dragon Cho form the chair but exhausted he finally conceded defeat. Suspecting that Cho was a great Kung Fu master he left without further ado.
    My teacher said that his teacher wanted Dragon Cho to teach him the jumping ability (Dragon Cho claimed it had to do with breathing control) but he declined stating that it took at least 10 years to fully master and that in about a year he would be completely out of debt with his father and would no longer be teaching him. He also claimed that his (Dragon Cho's) teacher was even more highly skilled than he and could perform many greater feats that challenged reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    My teacher had some good stories about his teacher's instructor who died in 1917. His name was (as best I can remember) Leung cho or something like that. Translated as Dragon Cho and it was a given name his real name and all I don't know. Anyway Dragon Cho was a local legend in Southern China. He had come from the north originally from Shanxi province. He was regarded as one of the great Xingyi masters of the day although he would never get the publicity belonging to Sun lu Tang or Jiang rong chow. His name derived form the fact that he could spring over an eight foot wall from the low dragon posture in xingyi. He was also reputed to have a skill of being able to shout a high pitched Kiap that could temporarily deafen an opponent.
    My instructor's teacher (whose name I don't know) trained with Dragon cho for about 6 years. Apparently Dragon cho was regarded as an abrasive man and under no circumstances would accept students. This was attributed to the fact that he had been in so many fights from guys challenging him in his younger days he was afraid to reveal any of his secrets. My teacher's teacher's father was a businessman who Dragon Cho was indebted to for a sizable sum of money. His father told Dragon Cho that he would release him from all obligations of the debt if he would teach his son. Reluctantly Dragon Cho agreed due to the impossibility of being able to pay off the debt.
    At first it was difficult to train under Cho because he was not interested in teaching and gave the son lots of hardships. Eventually Cho got used to his pupil and they developed a friendship. Teacher said that his teacher told him many stories of the feats Dragon Cho could do and swore that he witnessed them. On one occasion he and and Dragon Cho were racing to Cho's house across a field with the stipulation that the person who got there first would not have to go to the market to buy food. Dragon Cho was well advanced in years and the student could easily keep up with him. They approached a wall which had an opening about 25 meters to the right that they would have to go through. Dragon Cho however ran straight toward the wall and hurdled it clearing it well more thn a meter without missing a beat. The wall was higher than the student's head.
    On another occasion Dragon Cho and his student were traveling away from their town and stopped into an inn to have some food. There was some kind of problem at the place which brought the local magistrate, a well known Kung fu master. The man was just as ornery as Dragon cho and the two got into an argument. Dragon cho was sitting in a chair and finally told the magistrate if he could succeed in pulling him out of the chair he would go with the magistrate to be arrested. The guy tried for about 30 minutes to remove Dragon Cho form the chair but exhausted he finally conceded defeat. Suspecting that Cho was a great Kung Fu master he left without further ado.
    My teacher said that his teacher wanted Dragon Cho to teach him the jumping ability (Dragon Cho claimed it had to do with breathing control) but he declined stating that it took at least 10 years to fully master and that in about a year he would be completely out of debt with his father and would no longer be teaching him. He also claimed that his (Dragon Cho's) teacher was even more highly skilled than he and could perform many greater feats that challenged reasoning.
    gay

khkjhl

gay

khkjhl
    To each his own.

paragraphs are your friend.

or in your case.

not your friend.
    Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima
    Pukulan Cimande Pusaka Sanders