Yet another martial-arts-influenced upcoming TV show.

Kung Fu Icon to Add China’s Culture in Disney’s ‘Jungle Nest’
EL Borromeo | Mar 23, 2015 07:52 AM EDT

Kung fu star Chen Min adds Chinese culture flare in the Latin American entertainment by introducing the martial arts to her audience. (Photo : www.twitter.com/chenminworld)

Disney XD’s upcoming television show “Jungle Nest” will get a flare of Chinese culture with the addition of Chinese kung fu star Chen Min to its cast.

Chen is known for introducing and promoting the martial arts in Latin America, earning her the moniker "female Bruce Lee."
Like Us on Facebook

The 30-year-old's impressive stint in the Disney show "Super Torpe" earned her a ticket to become a notable artist in the region and in some other parts of the globe.

Hailing from the Zheijang Province, Chen launched her career in kung fu as a professional athlete. Her desire to learn the martial arts started when she was a mere five-year-old girl.

Eager to make a name in the field, Chen was discovered and was invited to join the national team. With her innate talent and determination, she has grabbed awards including an East Asian Games gold medal.

Chen landed in the South American soil back in 2007 upon her retirement. She brought with her the desire of popularizing kung fu in the area.

She recounted: "I just wanted to try and see what I could accomplish with kung fu in a new country."

Riding along the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games spirit, Chen launched a kung fu school in Buenos Aires in Feb. 2008.

"We had two coaches but only one student. That was one of the most disappointing days of my life," Chen recalled.

Fueled by her ardent devotion, she still pursued this dream. To date, Chen's school has over 900 students. Some of its alumni have also become kung fu instructors themselves and initiated to open campuses in others areas of Argentina.

Chen shared that "kung fu appears fantastic and mysterious in the movies. Some students even brought Bruce Lee's movies to the school and I would have to explain what kung fu really is."

Considered as a kung fu ambassador, Chen stated the most important foundations of the martial arts.

"The essence of kung fu is in the traditional culture and virtues behind it," she remarked.

Earlier this year, the kung fu icon shared during her vacation in the country: "After these years abroad, I deeply feel that the most important thing for you to earn the respect of others is your cultural foundation."