Thread: Shao lin, gong fu and the rising security business

Shao lin, gong fu and the rising security business

"The more things change, the more they stay the same"

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

As the US plummets toward the Democrat dream of being the next mexico city or mogadishu, we see the same thing happening we did in the destabilization of other places when monks found their selves homeless, working as body gaurds or tong.
    Thats all fine and well for most western ma, but what about gong fu and especially, Shao lin or wu dang? Tasty huh?
    What do we consider in making distinctions when a man can no longer do free clinic unless he walks beside another man half his time as the no-no sign?

I do not invite every answer, that only begs argument and I think in the end each of us will cope with his own either complex or simple "code" that really doesn't need to be justified to everyone.
    Just to bring things up that all might consider and in the face of a dividing gov force that seems to mean business amidst a literal and pending invasion of tens of millions.

I alleviate suffering, heal the sick, teach and pursue works all commensurate with "fu lu shou".
    Tomorrow, I will have to go over laws, permits and participate in an evolving and about to explode security industry. That can pay a guy pretty well. Especially a little Muerto looking wu xi spook like me. I can get the dam "ornament" jobs where is people they're afraid to go after and you are just kept "proppers".
    That's pretty tempting even for a loving man.

Now for the gratuitous part, WAHA! There will not have been such a explosion of "instant wing chun" since Bruce Lee movie and we shall have to have a news thread about
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  8.3 KB
    "McDojo's adhd fly-by-night paladin press personal security" stories - there's going to be chuckles and gore. And gory chuckles.

But really, it's an observation by gong fu of a contemporary phenomena it is already all too familiar with from many times before ~
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

In case anyone else was left scratching their head or just extremely bored. Here are some real martial artist. Always been that way. Real warriors ( martial artists) use weapons ! I do not belong to their class. I never wanted to kill anyone. I like people. All kinds !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYMiEU0vKIM

It's about business rising overnight like a tsunami in our country and no, I was not posting to you personally or anyone who had trouble understand.
    Name:  images (47).jpg
Views: 164
Size:  8.4 KB

Oh business is booming. Great to here it. I'll still hire a guy trained in firearms useage over some idiot that thinks he can be a bodyguard because he studied wing chun, boxing or any of that stuff that becomes useless in the event of gun play or crowd control. Its a JOKE!
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 03-21-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Why are you just trolling this thread? You have nothing to offer it on any positive level, you would not be capable of managing a convenience store let alone a security business and you say negative things that have no real relevance? Can't you go jump around and make funnies and tell stories in another thread?
    The forum is titled "kung fu". Despite modern conditions, that still implies some seriousness and brains of a canoli.

Now to people who aren't as "troll off dope" as I am,
    In my state we have lots of military and there are levels, as I imagine there are everywhere, of security liscense.
    Meeting the requirements as an individual and an entity are different but for example:

What levels of security guard are there and what is required to apply for each?

Level One
    Pursuant to 16.48.2.17 D. NMAC, the following eight hour curriculum is the minimum training required and must be completed within twelve months prior to application for security guard level one licensing:
    Legal training for security guards – four (4) hours
    Legal responsibilities, qualifications, restrictions and liability of level 1 security guard
    Introduction to use of force continuum, appropriate use of force and de-escalation techniques.
    Powers of detention and New Mexico laws of citizen arrest
    Appropriate search and seizure, legal restrictions and civil liability
    New Mexico laws on trespass

Authority and responsibility of the security guard – two (2) hours
    Communication with local law enforcement, jurisdiction and limitations of authority
    Radio dispatch protocol and other communication tools
    Image, professional communication, note-taking and report writing

Incident scene management and preservation - two (2) hours
    Identifying evidence
    Care and handling of evidence
    Securing the immediate area
    Evidence tampering and/or removal
    Witness/participant identification

Level Two
    Pursuant to 16.48.2.18 D & E. NMAC, the following sixteen hour curriculum in addition to the Level One training is the minimum training required and should be completed within twelve months prior to application for security guard level two registration.
    Legal and practical aspects of use of force and personal/employer liability – eight (8) hours
    Verbal and written communication and conflict management – six (6) hours
    First responder basic first aid – two (2) hours
    Specific weapon endorsement

Level Three
    Pursuant to 16.48.2.19 D. NMAC, the following sixteen hour curriculum in addition to the Level One and Level Two training and firearm certification is the proposed minimum training to be required and would be completed within twelve months prior to application for security guard level three registration.
    The five firearms safety rules
    Weapon manipulation
    Types of sidearms
    Firearm retention and equipment
    Firearm storage devices
    Locking devices
    Ammunition and storage
    Training household members
    Hazards of loaded firearms in the home
    Mental conditioning and tactics
    Weapon manipulation and marksmanship
    Threat recognition and judgmental shooting
    Laws pertaining to firearms, deadly physical force and the exercise of the powers of arrest – mandatory four (4) hours minimum

Q: What Are The Requirements For Firearms Training?

Call the Private Investigations Advisory Board at (505) 476-4650 to request a firearms training certification form

So qualifying and helping others to qualify or any facet is not such the mystery as a matter of assessment and meeting the continuing requirements which can't be that bad.
    I'm figuring guys who can't get decent work are going to be very interested and teachers who like students with jobs may be able to direct someone to the right place if nothing else.
    I'm looking at light personal for poofs. Good money, low risk. Naturally, it will not go as imagined
    Last edited by curenado; 03-21-2015 at 04:53 PM.

I'm trolling because I think going to martial artist, if that is really all they know how to do, for security is a joke? Must be nice living paranoid thinking all the gloom and doom stuff. I'll take smart, ex military guys, not psychos of course, over the guys you are listing. Pretty sure they can handle to push away's , covers and tackles.

But yes, regardless what you think of me. I think this is STUPID!

Tell you what Curenado . I'll do my best to stay out of any thread you start. I would not want you to believe I am trolling your threads. You are welcome to post in mine.

Thank you for the kind consideration.

To topic
    I noticed MAA-I was outlining self defense courses and sponsoring a program. Bernd there has been around and while mexico city does make the case for security by itself, Germany is where they are taking personal threat more seriously and they aren't the only ones.
    I just figure there are teachers out there depending location who most of their students already have carry permits and some of those already vets, cops or other.
    Still, it is wide open it seems and if side lining might be a thought...
    Last edited by curenado; 03-21-2015 at 06:59 PM.