Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Perhaps a thread to put up you favorite songs-

Heck, yes.

another one... reaching back

That one is so iconic and haunting. Hard to believe it's come around again; we're in times even worse than those.

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    That one is so iconic and haunting. Hard to believe it's come around again; we're in times even worse than those.
    I don't believe so and if we are then ideally we will be lead out of it. I hold my ground. In general race relations have gone south. The best time period for getting I believe was the 90's.

BUT, some smart dudes can come along and manipulate this and bring us right back to HATE ! Easy to do. Most people believe what you show them . Its magic. Well symbology.

EXAMPLE- Show ROOTS during the campaign. Have the KKK show up to the other guy. Oh yeah. That's PRIMAL.

The difference between those times and now is that, I believe, there's more people now who are more evolved ... societally, spiritually and perceptively ... than there were then. There's more people who are willing and able to see a bigger picture than is being force-fed to them by the mainstream media and conventional belief systems, many of which are plain bad.

I don't think this country is any more racist than in the past; it's simply that Trump's rhetoric has emboldened many of those who feel disenfranchised and choose to hate and blame others for their own shortcomings due to their own inferiority complexes (which is ironic), and because those others are 'Other'. It was already there to begin with and is now exposed, whether he intended this result or not. I'm not saying that most of his supporters are of that ilk, but you cannot deny that many of his most ardent supporters certainly are.

Then you have those on the opposite side behaving almost as badly.

As far as being lead out of it, IMO the only real solution is to lead ourselves out of it. Otherwise it's the blind leading the blind. We can only overcome our own ignorance and hate when we're willing and able to work at eliminating it within ourselves. It takes WORK. It also takes a higher degree of self-perception, spiritual maturity and personal responsibility. Many talk the talk but are unwilling to do that work.

I will say that, in many ways, the times now are more dangerous in the U.S. in ways that are unnecessary to point out. But a lot of that is because there is more instant awareness of everything now.

Last edited by Jimbo; 11-29-2016 at 08:25 AM.

This has to be guarded against. It is almost always younger men. Often encouraged by older men.

Words, images and all that. DO CAUSE EFFECT. Yes, video games and music alter ones perceptions and beliefs. Its no lie. It is military science. There is a whole wonderful world of wicked wisdom to draw from.

http://www.celebrateboston.com/crime...ler-murder.htm

http://www.celebrateboston.com/crime...att-murder.htm

This stuff spurred copy cats around America.

"The ability to entertain to get a message across is retained in the brain far longer than a barrage of cold textbook information.”

Happy hunting.

apt

LMFAO. I miss Mr. Carlin's observations. Thanks man.

Okay I need to concentrate on what I need to get done. I have focus issues when I don't want to do something.

Have fun fellows.

edit- highly unlikely will be found on a internet search so........

—Peter Cushey, Star and House Surgeon of Hammy Film Studios, on the occasion of the studio’s being knighted by the Queen in London—April, 1968

x kwizzit

Last edited by rett2; 12-06-2016 at 07:24 AM.