Thread: Tommy Carruthers

Hybrid View

Tommy Carruthers

Crap or good? Serious trainer or a dumb punk ? Dangerous or a cry baby because Young showed upped and challenged him and he did not want to fight. I would not want to fight Young either by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdvIAYGRUus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLiKAI4Jfy4

He looks very fast.

It's hard to tell from what's out there, but the way he throws his technique makes me wonder if he's not just reinforced those neuromuscular pathways. He's pulling everything. I wonder if he's hit anyone for real.

He is very fast. Some of it looks like there is good power too. He does not believe in free sparring. Certain sparring drills I think he does. I forget why he scarped sparring from his teaching but I think he mentioned it tends to develop bad habits. As pulling can, I'd suggest.

It matters little to me a guy backs down. That's life. Sometimes you know, I can't take this guy. It's not like he entered a competition. I forget the beef. He may have said things about the Inosanto school of taught and got Young a bit miffed. What ever else transpired, Tommy got out of it. Sign of an intelligent man. Tactically smart. Or call him a *****. Up to your beliefs and experiences.

If he truly dopes not believe in free fighting/sparring then that speaks volumes.
    The very core, the essence of JKD IS free sparring/fighting.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I recall that on some documentary about JKD. The did a spot on Carruthers. I can not recall the docu. name. But I am positive it was essentially specific sparring drills being as close at it came to sparring.