Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Carruthers

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    10 Oz gloves are big and fluffy and you can get fouled in Muay Thai from kneeing the 'legs around the knee'. Righty-o... Thought you trained and fought in Thailand Brat? (stadiums, no less) Or am I mixing you up with the other dude? because it seems like you two are the same person talking back and forth to himself. Go on with your mid-90s bad self though. Mildly entertaining.
    !0 oz gloves will negate the blow of a framing hammer so yes, in that regard I would consider them big and fluffy. Then again we are scuffling over semantics. Yep, I trained at Muay Thai Institute which sits at the back of Rangsit stadium (Google it). From 2007-2010 I trained going through the Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional, and instructor I, and II. I fought 3 times at Rangsit Stadium, two at Lumpini, and once in Phuket. My record is 4 and 2. No knockouts. And yes I got fouled for kneeing some dude excessively in the knees. Of course that could have been the particular referee but they've been known to try and sway the fight depending on who's betting on it. I only fought with other foreigners I never fought a Thai professionally. So I'd Like to hear your rebuff to that.

As for the poster known as "Frost" ....."Oh knifefighter! Oh Knifefighter! Whither thou so goest Knifefighter now that thou hast been banned from the Kung Fu forums?!" Well ol' Knifefighter (AKA Dale Franks) I will admit is a legitimate Black belt in BJJ. But he is also a guy with a serious case of little man syndrome and probably a personality disorder to boot seeing how despite his obvious qualifications he spent the better part of a decade trolling a Kung Fu forum. Beloved of trolls like rolls and ralek alike, Dale Franks spent most of his time when he was not training under Caique (spelling?) trying to "out" faceless wanks on this forum and others who had anything cross to say about his beloved BJJ. Oh and by the way didn't Franks' MMA carreer kind of end when he was slapped down by Tim Cartmell, a mostly traditional martial artist (although trainedin BJJ)? I could be wrong on that last one but I seemed to remember he did fight that guy or someone else and lost.

No Frost let me tell you what ol Dale would probably do. He would probably call up Rangsit Stadium and claim to be an Interpol agent and try to get my personal information (Sound familiar?)so he and his goon squad (consisting of posters half of which were probably him signing on with an alternate tag) could hee hee and haw haw all day and pat themselves on the back for besting someone at internet fu. I do recall one occasion where another poster who was supposed to be some BJJ Lord claimed to have went to one of Dale's fights and met him and he described him as something like " A bodybuilder of Herculean build." Shortly thereafter Dale posted a picture of himself showing his "buffness". Unfortunately a couple years later it was discovered that the pic in question was taken about the same time the US hostages were released from Tehran. In fact Dale Franks was in reality a spindly little old man. So the "esteemed" poster in general was a F###### liar because if in fact he had seen Dale at the event, he would have seen the spindly little old man not a bodybuilder of herculean build. And Dale didn't rebuff these assertions but by posting the 30+ year old pic just purported the myth making him a fraud.

Now as I stated, Dale is a legitimate martial artist as am I and many others on this site. But why he would spend so much of his time preoccupied with what some faceless jock on an internet forum thinks leads me to believe he has issues. I once had a roundabout with Dale and to be honest I just wish he would continue to train in BJJ, lose fights, and generally wank off. Could Dale beat me in a BJJ match? Probably so since his experience exceeds mine just like I could probably f### him up in Muay Thai respectively. What does all that prove? Nothing! We are both old men (he got some on me there though) and he's not Renner Gracie and I'm not Cung Lee.

Oh and if you're really still hot over Dale I hear he still wanks off over at Sherdog and occasionally the underground (if it's still called that). You can go and tell him I badmouthed him and I could honestly care less. If Dale wants a piece of this equally insignificant person he can pull out his wallet and come to see me. I will gladly get it on with him in the parking lot outside my cheap apartment. Then he could either get on his soapbox over at sherdog or quietly disappear depending on the outcome. I could really care less either way.
    Last edited by Brat; 03-26-2015 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    No one wants to get thrown onto the ground by a Greco Roman wrestler. It might kill you.

Brat, maybe we should continue this discussion in a more appropriate sub- forum? This is a kung fu one. And we have swayed off the topic perhaps to much? I have noticed Gene is very organized in his forum. I like a mess. I can find things easy that way. But, it is his house.

I agree. I better quit before I get challenged to a grudge match and then accused of wimping out because I didn't have the funds to travel 2500 miles to show.

10 Oz gloves are big and fluffy and you can get fouled in Muay Thai from kneeing the 'legs around the knee'. Righty-o... Thought you trained and fought in Thailand Brat? (stadiums, no less) Or am I mixing you up with the other dude? because it seems like you two are the same person talking back and forth to himself. Go on with your mid-90s bad self though. Mildly entertaining.
    I think you mean 16OZ gloves, not 10.
    Not sure what MT fights you may have had and where BUT I never recall a foul being called for kneeing the legs in any MT match I have seen or been involved in.
    Care to state what MT federation has that rule? was this an amateur match perhaps?
    EX:
    http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/RulesMT.htm

All Knee Targets shall be determined during event matchmaking with each fighter of each fight and the event matchmaker.
    Please CONFIRM with the Event Matchmaker & The IKF Event Representative what will be ALLOWED in your bout.
    REGULAR EVENTS
    In FULL Muay Thai, knees ARE ALLOWED to the Head, the Body and Legs.
    MODIFIED MUAY THAI (Limited Knee Targets): Click HERE

AMATEUR TOURNAMENT COMPETITION
    Please refer to Tournament Rules for each Tournament. Some (IKF World Classic) only allow knees to the body and legs below the shoulder line but NOT to the Head. While others (Such as the IKF West Coast Classic) have an actual FULL Muay Thai rules Division.

PRO EVENTS
    Knees are allowed to the Body, Legs and the Head.

The limited knee targets mentioned are NO knees to the HEAD by the way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not sure what MT fights you may have had and where BUT I never recall a foul being called for kneeing the legs in any MT match I have seen or been involved in.
    Care to state what MT federation has that rule? was this an amateur match perhaps?
    EX:

All Knee Targets shall be determined during event matchmaking with each fighter of each fight and the event matchmaker.
    Please CONFIRM with the Event Matchmaker & The IKF Event Representative what will be ALLOWED in your bout.
    REGULAR EVENTS

Please refer to Tournament Rules for each Tournament. Some (IKF World Classic) only allow knees to the body and legs below the shoulder line but NOT to the Head. While others (Such as the IKF West Coast Classic) have an actual FULL Muay Thai rules Division.

PRO EVENTS

Three of my matches were professional. I had to win two pro matches to get my professional certificate. I won two lost one in between. The match where I got fouled was an amateur match at Lumpini stadium. Despite my time training in Bangkok with the language barrier and the rules an all I was often playing it by ear. I know nothing of the way matches go in the US. I have never fought here. Also I cared little for a career in MT as a boxer. I just wanted the certs.

Let's not spin out and twirl into bagging and bragging modes here eh?

Ok, bragging is ok if you got the rights, but bagging on others?
    Don't do that. They aren't here and if they were it would just be a bunch of deleted threads.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    Three of my matches were professional. I had to win two pro matches to get my professional certificate. I won two lost one in between. The match where I got fouled was an amateur match at Lumpini stadium. Despite my time training in Bangkok with the language barrier and the rules an all I was often playing it by ear. I know nothing of the way matches go in the US. I have never fought here. Also I cared little for a career in MT as a boxer. I just wanted the certs.
    Hmmm, even the amateurs don't have that as fouls in Thailand:
    http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/technica...ules/18-fouls/

I think you got played dude.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Hmmm, even the amateurs don't have that as fouls in Thailand:
    http://www.ifmamuaythai.org/technica...ules/18-fouls/

I think you got played dude.
    Quite possible. Like I said that match was just me against some guy from Brussels. Lots of **** goes on on Thailand. For example a guy from the south of Thailand with dark skin pretty much has to knock out a dude from Bangkok or they'll decide against him. It ain't the most honest place on earth. And in the end I would have won about 300 baht for the match aside from what I was betting on myself. And no I didn't train at Fairtex. I worked in Bangkok and got paid local wages so Fairtex is best left to people like Ozzie Osbourne's son who can afford it. Actually the last guy I fought at Rangsit Stadium to get my professional cert from The World Muay Thai Council was Fairtex. Our guys beat them and vice versa all the time. I lived in Thailand for 4 years and trained off and on for three of them and i still have wankers telling me I am full of it. If y'all (not speaking of you sanjuro) spent as much time building on your own credibility instead of trying to disprove someone else's then you'd be regarded as grandmasters in your own respect. Now this washed up guy is gonna take a nap.
    Last edited by Brat; 03-26-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    Our guys beat them and vice versa all the time. I lived in Thailand for 4 years and trained off and on for three of them and i still have wankers telling me I am full of it. If y'all (not speaking of you sanjuro) spent as much time building on your own credibility instead of trying to disprove someone else's then you'd be regarded as grandmasters in your own respect. Now this washed up guy is gonna take a nap.
    Bottom line, no one actually cares unless you are actually a celebrity fighter. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

EX:

REGULAR EVENTS

PRO EVENTS

Thanks Sanjuro. In case there's any confusion - I was quoting Brat with that first sentence but couldn't use quote function at the time. 10 OZ comment was taking the p1ss (in my opinion 16 OZ even need to be respected). I agree regarding bullsh1t rules. I'm a certified WMC and IFMA Muay Thai judge and referee and its the first I've heard of it. In Thailand they don't even really foul groin kicks, let alone knees to any part of the legs.

BT

Yo, B - pretty sure you never fought at Lumpinee. I know pros living and fighting there for years who are yet to get on a Lumpinee show. But anyway...

Yo, B - pretty sure you never fought at Lumpinee. I know pros living and fighting there for years who are yet to get on a Lumpinee show. But anyway...
    You mean you find his story a little hard to believe, say it isn't so

Well I guess you should do your best to answer that Brat.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Well I guess you should do your best to answer that Brat.
    Ok I will answer it. Did I say I fought at Lumpinee Stadium? There are also a few Muay Thai training centers there and the guys have the opportunity to compete even stepping in the ring without any experience.The match was actually an opener to a bigger fight in a ring in some food court/bar. It's right in the shadow of that big azz Ferris wheel. I needed to be in 5 fights before I cold take the assist instructor course. Lots of those fight venues around Thailand and if you've been there you have seen them. Congrats on all your certifications. You've gone much further than me. I honestly don't know what to do other than than dig out my certs and post them on here but what would be the point? You guys just want to hoo and haw. So I say let you all have your fun. My creds are impeccable and unlike our old "friend" Dale Franks who at least one person seems to be so teary eyed about, I really could care less what you all think. I came on here originally to see if anyone had some old VHS vids that I was seeking as part of an old hobby. I am not going to show up to fight somebody and my video camera is broken so no youtube vids. I am out of a job. **** economy. So guys I will spare you some of the fun. Yes I will decline any challenge for me to "prove" myself. Therefore by the Marquee of Internetbury rules I have thus admitted that I am a wuss. I could never beat any of you in chess let alone fighting in any form. My reluctance to show proves my cowardice and invites me to accept all the scorn and ridicule of the Kung Fu forums. I rest my case but again I guess I have none.

I will stop by to check any PMs just in case anyone comes along some of the vids I was looking for so please drop me a line And billy, I am still on the trail of that one you're after. I won't be back to this thread or the forums so feel free to have all the fun you want with this. Also if anyone wants to persist in this, Billy has my personal info and if you want to push hard enough and travel to where I live I will gladly mix it up with you. I'll gladly mix it up with anybody regardless of whether I might win or lose if that's what floats your boat. But you're gonna have to pay for it. I'm broke. I have been bested by the guys at the Kung Fu forums. Goodbye all.
    Last edited by Brat; 03-27-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks for clarifying Brat. It was of no concern to me. I hope you choose to stick around. At least long enough for me to give you a parting gift. So sign in and check your pm later today. Ill do my best to help you today.

I have no interest in sharing your personal information with anyone and will never do so. That's up to you buddy to send that to those you want to. I have to decline that request. Sorry.

Sorry to hear you're going, Brat. I rather enjoy your writing style.