Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bas Rutten demonstrating a Choy Lee Fut Sow Choy technique!!!!

Blog Entries
    Then in 2:26 of this clip you can see how we use the spinning backfist and the sow choy together.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Yeah that would work. Or I should say, that could work. Reverse to south paw on that guy and clear with the backfist swing and BOOM. Nice. Lots of power in those long circular moves. Even if you cant get the body English. Just off the shoulder action , can be devastating.

I can see if the WC guy was playing that kick , you just stay outside, maybe fake and crack the back of his hand until he starts pulling it away and kills his guard.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    definitely. feeling them is a totally different animal.

I bet. I understand centrifugal force. When movement is a circular. Velocity squares. It hits REALLY HARD ! Double the speed and you get four times the force. Triple it and you get 9 times the force. Circular techniques is where being our fastest lies. Arrival time takes longer but the distance is further and allows for speed to pick up. I believe theoretically with in circular movement it is infinite. Of course being humans means that's not going to happen but if you want to hit you're absolute hardest that's the only way. It has to be a circle. It was through reading John McSweeney I discovered and looked into it more.

This may be an eye opening video for those that have never seen it. Look at the impact he generates. MASSIVE. They also give a rather ingenious training devise that looks a lot more shoulder friendly than a heavy bag. Looks cheap and easy for those on a budget.

Tiger Claw. I think it was 2,600lbs for a similar shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCm5WiHda-0
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 03-27-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    You can see a single drill we practice for the sow choy as Bas Rutten is attempting it....
    Just awesome power. I did not see that one as I was probably posting in this thread or in another. Thanks. Id be back in surgery for fixing my face again. I sure would not want to catch that guys shots with my catchers mitt!

Blog Entries
    yeah he is one strong cat. he's gonna be a doctor and will not only know how to break faces, but heal them as well. haha

AWESOME. We need more American doctors. I have nothing against those from other places. But, In the last 3 years I have had 1 that was born in America. It can be hard with communitive/visual conversation. Others gestures often differ in meaning to ours. Making understanding harder for both parties. Not a good thing when you need help.

Of course I also had a great female doctor from Sri Lanka. She was HOT Too. I saw here the most, lol. Neurologist. My head hurt a lot once I saw here.

Obviously with the potential to create such a massive impact, can your hand withstand that? Structural integrity. Nerf balls are not very hard. Heads can be. Pretty clear some sort of IP training is needed. The possibility may exist that the palm heel or slap could withstand the force with little in the way of training. Probably help to keep your foot off the breaks a bit longer too.

I've mentioned it before, but I really like the fact that gong fun teaches some practical ways to utilize haymaker type punches without over exposing yourself. After all, the haymaker is the most natural punch.

In all the Karate I've trained haymakers were never taught and considered garbage technique. Even though you'll see haymakers in boxing they are considered terrible form and coaches discourage them. MMA on the other hand, seems to be finding value in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Obviously with the potential to create such a massive impact, can your hand withstand that? Structural integrity. Nerf balls are not very hard. Heads can be. Pretty clear some sort of IP training is needed. The possibility may exist that the palm heel or slap could withstand the force with little in the way of training. Probably help to keep your foot off the breaks a bit longer too.
    One of the ways I use a sow is landing with the palm heel. It is one of a number of variations.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-28-2015 at 09:14 PM.