Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help for my daughter-eating issues

Actually, carnation instant breakfast plus milk equals ensure plus. She can drink one with every meal to put on a little.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    Actually, carnation instant breakfast plus milk equals ensure plus. She can drink one with every meal to put on a little.
    Good news as she does like it.
    Now if I could only get her to clean her room.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Looking better every day

So my daughters therapist came out on Saturday.
    She was impressed with how good my daughter looked and how much energy she had.
    Apparently I am doing something right.

I appreciate continued prayers for her recovery and your well wishes.
    Peace,

Dave

Greetings,

Sihing73:

Have you tried something simple like Jell-O? or

Oral administration of what has been going through her feed tube? (this might be a best start) or

Baby food?

If you can get her to orally down the stuff that has been going through her feed tube, you might be able to bridge her back to regular food by mixing that stuff with baby food. Then to baby food and then slowly to soft regular foods. Then to regular foods. You have to be very patient with this. By the way, baby food applesauce really rocks.

mickey

Hello,

Just wanted to give an update.

My daughter who is 14 and about 5'3" tall dropped her weight to 81 pounds due to vomiting for almost 3 weeks almost constantly.
    She also had to have her GJ Tube replaced because it had become dislodged from her stomach and ended up in her esophagus.
    She was admitted to the hospital on March 24th and discharged on March 25th once the tube was replaced.
    (Note: this was an admission after returning home to me on March 3rd. Her initial period of hospitalization ran from approximately October 10th to March 3rd with her being in several different hospitals.
    The last admission was at Children s Healthcare of Atlanta-Egelston Hospital and ran from December 20th to March 3rd).

She has been doing well since coming back home again.
    She had an appointment with her pediatrician yesterday and her weight is up to 85 lbs.
    Still far too low, but at least it is coming up.

We have changed her Upper GI doctors due to the lack of response and support and the new ones have a plan of action to get he back to eating.
    My daughter has been able to eat and the plan is to have her eat at least three small meals each day and have her feeds connected overnight.
    Yesterday, I took her to breakfast and she ate bacon, which is pretty much what she would eat before all of this started.

Since her tube has been replaced she has not had any instances of vomiting and seems to be able to hold down food.
    We have set a goal to get her to weigh 96-100 lbs at which point we will request that the GJ Tube be removed from her stomach.

There is still a long road ahead, but the prognosis is looking better.
    Just wanted to provide an update and thank everyone for their continued prayers and well wishes.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 04-09-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    Peace,

Dave