Thread: Forum Search broken?

Forum Search broken?

So I'm having 2 issues with the forum as of late

1. I keep getting logged out after a few minutes... this was not an issue before - I just tried the "keep me logged in" checkbox to see if it lasts a little longer...

2. Search functionality seems broken - I get no results returned and an error message:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337
    This issue may have already been discussed before but I couldn't find any answers regarding the search engine 'cause the search engine is broke

peace y'all

herb ox

It works fine on our side.

There are a few intrinsic issues with our forum search engine. If you a term that's too general, like "Kung", it'll overload the search and you won't get anything. Also, it denies searches less than 3 characters so something like 'wtf' won't get you anywhere. It's not a great search tool but it's what vBulletin has to offer at this level of forum. The most powerful tool is the 'search titles only' function.

You might check your firewalls as any forum of this magnitude sets off alarms.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart