Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: subway Kung Fu

subway Kung Fu

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Hahaha!

That would hurt
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

EPIC EPIC FAKE!!!

Cameraman knew to get out of the way for the technique.

mickey

Still, it was excellent technique!

Lets say it was real. Could that move have been done at any other time. Or I should say, after the action started?

Doubt its fake...

Was something like...

-So what are you doing there? Huh? What's up???

--Im sorry.

-You finished saying I'm sorry? (Pushes)

--Uh, uh, I just want to apologize.....

-You finished saying I'm sorry? (Pushes)

-You finished apologizing? (Pushes)

--What's the matter with you? (Readies self, checks surroundings...)

-You still saying I'm sorry? (Pushes)

-Can you stop apologizing? Huh? My god (as in fark stop apologizing.)

QIN NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!!!!!

Apologizer wins!

if i can do that once in my life i wud b so happy. id show that vid errywhere and swim in the poosy.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Lets say it was real. Could that move have been done at any other time. Or I should say, after the action started?
    Why would that move keep anyone from getting back up and fighting?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Why would that move keep anyone from getting back up and fighting?
    Because it sets up the followup kicks to the head from steel toe work boots

At the very end of the vid before it cuts off, it almost looks like he's about to help the guy back up.

It looked a hard throw to me. Maybe not as dramatic or as hard impacting as say some ashi waza. Real or not can anyone answer if that throw would be even in the realm of possibilities if he did not use it preemptively?

If it's real, I'm thinking dude didn't get back up because it scared him half to death...totally shocked...Definitely not how fights usually go down in China.

I'm still thinking it's real though. One thing's for sure, this didn't occur during rush hour, unless they are very near the last stop...

I think it was real. We can't see if he hit is head going down. He goes out of frame. The taught that maybe he was in a state of shock or disbelief crossed my mind too. Tell TAO YIN if you would How do fights start in China? Because this looked like every one I was in or saw that was gun slinging contest. Most start just like that.

And is there no one that can answer if what he did would have been possible at any other time aside from first move? I have a hard time thinking it is possible for most if any but then again, there is always someone that seems to pull off the impossible. But, I don't know tai chi or anything Chinese wrestling based or chin-na. etc. What ever he did was NICE. But I think that was the only time it would have worked. The guy was not resisting or expecting. He was probably about to toss his bomb when WHOM he is on the floor possibly knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    It looked a hard throw to me. Maybe not as dramatic or as hard impacting as say some ashi waza. Real or not can anyone answer if that throw would be even in the realm of possibilities if he did not use it preemptively?
    No of course it wouldn't work if they were squared up with their hands up, throwing punches. The majority of chi na is supposed to be used before an opponent engages and when he's not ready.
    Preemptive attacks are a major part of "street fighting."
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Real but rare? Who knows what started it all...I doubt it was apologetic dude bumping into the pusher. At home, bumping into someone, running to catch a subway and accidentally crashing into someone, or cutting in line, or many other things, doesn't go well. You hear, "watch where you're going." "I was watching where I was going." "You cut in line?" All of that showdown type stuff. Not usually the case in China. It's far too crowded. Showdown type stuff also means someone must lose face...

Most of the time, fights in China are;

1. 2 or more, usually more, beating up on one.
    2. Gangs going at it in alleys and clubs.
    3. Friends, acquaintances, or the like arguing, scuffling a little, and then having all of their other friends break them apart.

I've seen tons of the above. It all usually happens quick as too, no taunting. I can think of only one time that I actually saw a guy pushing another and taunting him like this. Rare for China, at least in my experience...Hilarious dialogue though...