Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limb destruction

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    If you guys are perfectly fine with the demo on the OP of this thread, great.
    If you don't see the difference between that clip and the one I posted of the KM demo, that's fine too.
    It's all good. There's a difference in the energy levels of the uke in the two clips. But as far as the KM being increased effectiveness, I actually thought that would build more delusion, thinking you can crappy armbar someone and kick them in the face until they tap out. I mean there is such a thing as a good armbar combined with a good technical standup, which would be the effective approach to the KM scenarios. The limb destruction scenario is just very different. Like maybe getting past a boxer good high guard. You miss that technique and you get tagged and have to recover. You miss the KM technique and you get GNP'd into oblivion. I mean there's a lot of differences in those two clips, beyond the obvious.

I mean the best way to demo I suppose is start off low key low energy like the OP clip, then progress to handling a higher level of live energy, then show it sparring or free movement application. That is a supportable approach.

The one thing I do think the KM clip shows is you have to train against high energy simulating reality. If people train just like OP clip and never step it up to that level, then hand skill would never develop. The problem I think they run into that I see is they never slow it down to make their movements efficient all the way through and end up with kind of a flailing response under pressure. That would work against an unskilled or semi-skilled aggressor but not reliably against a skilled opponent. I see plenty of clips up in self defense scenarios where a bigger person can pass guard and damage. I really would hate to see a smaller female like in the clip go for a foom foom foom crappy armbar plus kicking because she's ranked in KM and just anger a bigger opponent and get hurt.

Ha. I'm funny today. Totally rail on a KM more live energy demo and give a pass to a guy videoing a lesson to a beginner level guy in a park. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. OP if you find someone that has chi sau'd a lot before throw up a video of a little more live action in the exchanges after the explanation. KM guys good energy but sloppy technique

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Someone's got to ask, what exactly is the guy doing just standing there letting you hit his arm? you do realise he will take your head off with his other hand, he wont simply leave his arm hanging like that, and he will also, oh I don't know step and move on you on you,
    He would hit me..he knows I will shoot him latter...lol
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    you appointed yourself the expert when you placed the video up, if you didnt want people to comment on it you shouldn't have put it up
    im saying in my experience it is a useless technique, but please prove me wrong and show the technique being used against a moving resisting opponent, a simple example of it being used anywhere would do
    I never said I was an expert.Making a video does not mean anyone is an expert either. But you sound like your the expert because your making a knowledge claim saying for a fact that what I'm doing is wrong. Anyway,all demo video are in a sence unrealistic because the way it's presented. I PRESENT IT in more of a teaching mode not a fight mode and mine is no different. Also, The way I applied the limb destruction does it does not mean it has to be done exactly like that. I'm only trying to get the Idea across more so then an exact way of applying it,so you can apply in many different ways.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..