Thread: Book Review: In Praise of The Pomegranate: A Symbol of Human Immortality

Book Review: In Praise of The Pomegranate: A Symbol of Human Immortality

Greetings,

The above titled book, written by Monica Palmer, is truly a must have. The author goes into great detail on all aspects of the fruit and she approaches it with a depth that is much more than an "its good for you" permutation. It is not a one time read through. You will come away from this book greatly informed and wishing that there were more books that brought forth the knowledge the way that she does. It will make a great gift to the health conscious as well.

mickey

Mickey, are you eating or drinking the fruit daily? If so how much? Where I believe you live, I would think it might get costly for that fruit or juice to consume enough to make a difference. Now, someone in California may be able to get the fruit cheap and juice himself.

Hi Billy,

I recently got the book. It has really enhanced my perspectives about the pomegranate. I am in NYC. Traditionally, pomegranates show up for purchase during the Fall season. I now see them for purchase at other times of the year. When I buy them, I eat them--everything except the skin. I have learned that the skin is good for you as well.

mickey