Thread: White Crane Eye Attacks

White Crane Eye Attacks

I have a few questions regarding Southern White Crane and how they do eye attacks. I have alittle bit of background in Wing Chun, so I am familiar with moves like Biu Jee, which I would describe as a "poke" with a finger(s).

I have heard mention elsewhere of White Crane finger flicking type motions, using more than one finger, like in a fan spread (mimicking the White Crane wings?), is this accurate? So, instead of it being a linear poke, it uses more spread fingers, backfinger or fanning type motions...obviously with a good amount of Fa Jing. Any idea what the Cantonese name for such a move would be?

I enjoy reading about and researching White Crane because of its close association with other arts from south China, but there is definitely not as much out there as compared to Wing Chun, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TopCrusader View Post
    Any idea what the Cantonese name for such a move would be?
    Don't know the White Crane terminology, but the general concept is called Mut Mei - Brush Eyebrow.

The concept of attacking the eyes in White crane is as described, a "brushing style" ... also the flicking aspect and the fingers are splayed as this makes a stronger spear-hand striking weapon.

Another form of attack to the eyes in White Crane would be to palm heel directly to the eyes themselves which is a vascular style of attack.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

In thai tranny fu poking the brown eye is called stink finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Chi View Post
    In thai tranny fu poking the brown eye is called stink finger.
    Been away from the forum for ages - coming back today this made the trip worth it!