Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: An Apology & Recommendation

"I'm sorry Hendrick, I truly am but your arrogance and paranoia do you and your research no favours."

I was ready at first to think that maybe the guy could face well enough but he had to distance at the threat of actually backing it up beyond the book itself as a product.

Then I have to wonder if he somehow didn't see it coming. He specifically said "you are trying to bait me." - it looks pretty much like that's exactly what you did?

First you dogged him apparently, then went hysterically rushing up with an apology as "polished and worthy of golf claps" as your slandering probably was, he said he accepted it?
    Instead of going on like the sincere simply would, you apparently launch a list of demands to the effect of
    "You're stupid"
    "Ok you're not stupid I was wrong so here I am? Teach me and go along with my schemes."
    "You don't want to?!? But I apologized like kindergarden and everything! I'm insincere and trying to bait you?!?"
    "You're stupid. I gotta go tell everybody how stupid you are"

Lots of people never get past about 3rd grade and so many these days have no basis in what (even) hillbillies call "raisins". The decay of manners and mind have progressed hand in hand.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

I watched an instructional vid published by Sifu Sergio on "Chain Punching" that was linked over my way for me to respond to on this thread in the way of a personal review. I would be interested to hear more-so what a seasoned practitioner of WingChun would have to say (numerous forum members) about the vid, but here's my take. To me, chain punching is not a go-to striking technique but is a great technique (like other TCMA WingChun techniques) that have best results when used sparingly (as in spar) or as a finishing move. That said, I won't get into commenting further on "extended chain-punching" or even the practice of "air extended chain-punching". In the vid, Sifu Sergio shows a very different punch (emphasizing circular movement) that is as foreign to my own basis as "worm reeling" or other uncommon practices of the contemporary Wing Chun delivery systems that are being incorporated into teaching curriculum around and about (internet). The video is easy enough to follow and well presented and Sifu Sergio's sparring partner is competent for demo action. I think one has to decide if you are interested in new school or old school agenda to start and develop any training in WingChun or any of the TCMA styles, especially if you are looking to highlight an MMA format fighting regimen.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-19-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks for the review PalmStriker.

" I think one has to decide if you are interested in new school or old school agenda to start and develop any training in WingChun or any of the TCMA styles, "

Look at both with a discerning eye ~ old school is,pretty reliable, "new school" ? I don't really think there is one? But current authors are piecemeal and ought to be cross referenced the way one does editions of a book

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    " I think one has to decide if you are interested in new school or old school agenda to start and develop any training in WingChun or any of the TCMA styles, "

Look at both with a discerning eye ~ old school is,pretty reliable, "new school" ? I don't really think there is one? But current authors are piecemeal and ought to be cross referenced the way one does editions of a book
    With these the the new school is the old school - references to 1850 and 1700, etc.

I haven't decided whether the Ron / Hendrik / Snake and Crane guys is more like a bad soap opera or a horrible reality TV show. Who will get voted off the island first?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Sorry Glenn, that position is already taken:

http://iwka.com.au/sydney-hq/
    Bloody hell......... when did they pop up?!?!

Would anyone be kind enough to inform me on what is old school and what is new school regarding wing chun, please.
    Or is new school being referenced as mma?

I just thought lets make peace and move on, I asked him about his research as pertained to White Crane as it may have had some merit and he went all "nutso" on me, claimed I was baiting him etc. So I told him not to flatter himself that much!

Secondly, Sifu Sergio's book is an interesting read. Do I think it's right and correct? No, it is an interesting read but nothing of any real substance comes out of it other than a bit of an extended promo for him and the IWKA. I found the way he explained Hendrik's stuff to have more merit than Hendrik's explanations but again nothing is proven as historically accurate.

As for Hendrik, Well I have learned my lesson!

Oh and Bawang ......... Your Funny!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Posted from Martial Talk forum: http://www.martialtalk.com/threads/s...117697/page-12

By Hendrik Santo:

This is exactly the type of person . Pretend to be nice but with an agenda of wanting something from me.

When i told him exactly as the folllwing . Look how he behave now.

"Go study with some one who is the real master. That is the only advise i can give you. You idea above is non realistic because you were never train to handle this job yet.

Face it. You want my assessment i have given it to you proffesionally. The rest is your freedom of choice

I woud not be able to help you

I dont practice white crane."

I Encourage Ron to post the message record between him and me.

By myself in reply:

Hendrik,

Thank you for posting above, It now allows me to address the actual facts!

1/. It was you, not I who copied and posted my apology from the KFO Forum here on Martial Talk. You did this. Not I.

2/. You did so because you wanted people here to know and because you thought it served your own agenda to do so.

3/. I reached out to you to apologise and to be your friend.

4/. You fully accepted this apology in writing!

5/. At no time did I "Bait" you. I did however ask you for your opinion and sharing of your research that applied to the link between White Crane and Wing Chun. I did so as a friend and stated that I would give you credit where credit was due .... this is hardly "Baiting" you!

6/. You fully accepted my apology only to state later on that I was "Not sincere in my apology" and that I had in your opinion an "Hidden Agenda".This would indicate and lead most normal people to then look upon your actions as not being sincere i.e "Accepting my apology" only to go back on your word, in brief a liar!

You then strongly stated words to the effect "that Lee Kong was not all that skilled at White Crane Gongfu" and Hendrick,I did screen capture what was said as you have a strong history of "deleting" things once written!

You also went on state words to the effect of along the lines of: "Information (Research) does not help as one needs as one needs solid indepth kungfu".

At no time have I repeated or posted what was stated exactly via the Facebook Private conversation we had. I told you that to do so would be unethical, unprofessional and wrong.

I have however summarized the above to show the level of you obvious hubris, paranoia and outright insincerity.

I did want to work with you as both a friend and as professional but you are unable to get beyond the past, your problem not mine I will no longer defend you either as you are just plain arrogant and think you are above other people.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

A STATEMENT:

I hereby fully withdraw my apology to Hendrik Santo. He is without a doubt a liar and user of others for his own gain. As for Sifu Sergio's Book, I stated it was an "interesting read" and that I recommended it to those wanting to know more about the art (IWKA) as shown within the book. Do I think it is historically correct? No. In fact in some ways it mentions how he told some untruths to his seniors at the time to cover up himself going behind their backs for information.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    A STATEMENT:

I hereby fully withdraw my apology to Hendrik Santo. He is without a doubt a liar and user of others for his own gain. As for Sifu Sergio's Book, I stated it was an "interesting read" and that I recommended it to those wanting to know more about the art (IWKA) as shown within the book. Do I think it is historically correct? No. In fact in some ways it mentions how he told some untruths to his seniors at the time to cover up himself going behind their backs for information.
    Aaaahhhh, the circle of life. : )
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Confuseus say "Lady vampire with broken teeth make more noise than drunken prostitute"
    Last edited by curenado; 04-20-2015 at 06:22 AM.

A STATEMENT:

If your apology were really sincere, you would have given it unconditionally, regardless of how he responded. Then you could have 'agreed to disagree' and moved on. Since you don't consider anyone who posts here to be 'martial artists', you must show all of us non-MAists what a real MAist is or should be, and be a shining example of wu de.

BTW, I don't care about Hendrik either way. I'm simply pointing out a contradiction or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    If your apology were really sincere, you would have given it unconditionally, regardless of how he responded. Then you could have 'agreed to disagree' and moved on. Since you don't consider anyone who posts here to be 'martial artists', you must show all of us non-MAists what a real MAist is or should be, and be a shining example of wu de.

BTW, I don't care about Hendrik either way. I'm simply pointing out a contradiction or two.
    no him asking for hendriks sources is a totally legitimah question. the thing is hendrik can never tell him because he just scours chinese web for kung fu articles.

none of the info hendrik posted about wing chun is any ground breaking news.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I don't disagree with you, bawang, but I was mainly referring to this post as it relates to the situation now:

I made the apology.It was my decision.

With the advent of a emerging global economy and an ever-shrinking world due to the Internet, travel etc it is now more important than ever that we as people (forget "Martial Artists" ... as I don't view anyone posting on forums to be one) learn to get along with each other or at least agree to disagree and move on.

This forum should be viewed as a virtual school where you would honour yourself and others by your own behaviour.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-20-2015 at 06:22 PM.