Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Apology & Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    I made the apology.It was my decision.
    (forget "Martial Artists" ... as I don't view anyone posting on forums to be one)
    This forum should be viewed as a virtual school where you would honour yourself and others by your own behaviour.
    I guess my question is that if no one positing on a forum is a martial artists why would you view this forum as a virtual school??
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    I guess my question is that if no one positing on a forum is a martial artists why would you view this forum as a virtual school??
    Not sure I get the meaning you are trying to put across?

It's a magazine forum to discuss the magazine and make nice for its readers? There is lots that is here to the member too.
    There are many things that can be learned even tho it is not styled as a virtual school?
    Last edited by curenado; 04-17-2015 at 05:39 AM.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    Not sure I get the meaning you are trying to put across?

It's a magazine forum to discuss the magazine and make nice for its readers? There is lots that is here to the member too.
    There are many things that can be learned even tho it is not styled as a virtual school?
    My point was that it is kind of contradictory to make a statement like no one on the forum is a martial artists and then make another stating that the forum is a virtual school.

If the posters are not martial artists then what can one hope to learn and why.

Kind of a tongue in cheek response if you get my meaning.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Some of us have devoted our lives to MA.
    At times MA even defines Us.
    We have fought and bleed and been broken for our MA.
    We pride ourselves in being a martial artist, someone that takes a MA and makes it his/her own, lives and breathes it.

It's nice to know that one person can easily decide that we are not.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I am definitely not an artist ,as for the martial part , well, that is another story

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Some of us have devoted our lives to MA.
    At times MA even defines Us.
    We have fought and bleed and been broken for our MA.
    We pride ourselves in being a martial artist, someone that takes a MA and makes it his/her own, lives and breathes it.

It's nice to know that one person can easily decide that we are not.
    i translated one of his chinese white crane books when i was 13 years old way back on cyberkwoon.com. he told me he could teach me white crane online then never replied back

lol

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    i translated one of his chinese white crane books when i was 13 years old way back on cyberkwoon.com. he told me he could teach me white crane online then never replied back
    more lies!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    I don't mind if he becomes popular or well off from teaching/expanding WingChun. That goes for all others who do the same. The old histories,lineages, techniques, etc. should be preserved in all the TCMA styles. If people take things in their own directions that is OK with me. To re-write history for motive is not so good. Wing Chun is what it was. Nobody is having to ward off gold coin darts these days.

I really have no idea what history he has rewritten to his benefit. I do recall a old master came out after a rather long while and said he could no longer remain silent about Sergio's lies. Meaning? Prior he knew he was lying and supported him regardless? What does that make the master? A liar as well ? A man whom should not be fully trusted from that moment on without verifying everything that he says or writes? I don't know. I really don't care either way. But there is always 2 sides to a coin.

Please check your pm.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    more lies!
    wtf is ur problem cuz

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    So Sergio's Australian representative will be??

Now let me guess..............
    Sorry Glenn, that position is already taken:

http://iwka.com.au/sydney-hq/
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I was thinking of ordering this and reviewing it, like I did with "Mastering Kung Fu" by Benny Meng et al, but at 49 Euros plus 25 for P&H, I've reconsidered. Over 100 AUD.

49 Euros? Is it printed using gold leaf? And $25 for P&H? Via SpaceX?

I prefer EBooks anyway. They are usually cheaper (hint).
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Blog Entries
    wtf is ur problem cuz
    YOU Blood......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Man oh man oh man! I don't get it.I really don't. I offer Hendrick Santo a perfectly open and honest apology for my views of his writings as contributed to Sifu Sergio's book which I still regard as an interesting read.

Despite him telling me via Private Messages on Facebook that he accepts the apology and then in the next breath gets all "shirty" and arrogant because I asked him for his research and opinions as I wanted to apply some to my own direction and try to get my own art looking back to its origins!!! In brief I had wanted to work with the guy to see, perhaps even learn more accurately where he was coming from.

I mean WTF?

I am not going to divulge the content of those Private Messages as that would be unethical and unprofessional... but I just cannot get this guy? I mean he basically agreed with me, accepted my apology fully and then turned around in a very short space of communications and said I was not sincere in my apology (Despite me giving him no reasons to think otherwise!) and that I was somehow "Baiting Him" Man, it's just crazy!

The level of mistrust and negativity he holds within must be terrible consuming and personally damaging to him.

I myself have grown tired of the type of debates of the mature I contributed to in the past on this matter. I had wanted and god knows tried to move on from that point but he just can't see beyond what must be his own arrogance. I mean, honestly I have no ill feelings towards the guy. I only know of him from his posts on this and other forums and of course some of the ideas that Sergio has expanded upon and wrote more clearly in his book (which I had though did some good for Hendrik) and yet he is imprisoned in some sort of self-indulgent paranoia and negativity. Wow!, what a way to live.

I'm sorry Hendrick, I truly am but your arrogance and paranoia do you and your research no favours.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post

gets all "shirty" and arrogant
    I mean WTF?
    I just cannot get this guy?
    it's just crazy!
    The level of mistrust and negativity he holds within must be terrible consuming and personally damaging to him.
    he just can't see beyond what must be his own arrogance.
    he is imprisoned in some sort of self-indulgent paranoia and negativity. Wow!, what a way to live.
    I'm sorry Hendrick, I truly am but your arrogance and paranoia do you and your research no favours.
    What a beautiful apology...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

ron u dont need no more rsearch, u bought all the certificates u need and ur an expert storyteller already.

wat u need is to get on hormone therapy and build some muscles because ur missing piece to success is image. u simply lack the strength power and speed to advertise urself well.
    u also need to practice the wise kind master expression because u got a blank look on ur face

u upgraded from karate to kung fu but u have not upgraded urself.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-19-2015 at 07:02 AM.