Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Apology & Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    I made the apology.It was my decision.

With the advent of a emerging global economy and an ever-shrinking world due to the Internet, travel etc it is now more important than ever that we as people (forget "Martial Artists" ... as I don't view anyone posting on forums to be one) learn to get along with each other or at least agree to disagree and move on.

This forum should be viewed as a virtual school where you would honour yourself and others by your own behaviour.
    Sage advice grasshopper. You looking to ride the Sergio wave to the bank too? I know I'm gonna print up some Wing Tsun 6 core element certificates and make myself a master. Heck, I'm even gonna photoshop a picture of me with Sergio to make it look more legit. You got any advice on how to do that?

As clearly stated ... I have no connection to Sifu Sergio or his IWKA in any way whatsoever apart from the fact I purchased and read his book.

I am happy with my current direction and my guides of China and Taiwan proper.

As for you Bai Chi ...go for it, whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. All the best!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Also: TCMA chain punch is only a three punch combination. Anything more than that is a wankerpunch.
    Fair enough. But if the target and opening still exist. Do you choose not to cycle it again? Would one , in that chaotic mess, be able to discern your stop and restart?

Have you seen Sergio's Chain punching video? Have any of you? Or is he wrote off simply because his views and linage or whatever does not align with yours? Dude most certainly gets around China and other places for instruction. Best chain punch instructional I ever had the pleasure of viewing. But I know, I only under stand boxing and karate punching. I could not possibly grasp any tactics of employment. Deceptions and power delivery source. That said, I would not see the need for much of what he showed. But he did show ! Maybe his breathing was off or he threw some yang punches and made the case for their need.

" Fair enough. But if the target and opening still exist. Do you choose not to cycle it again?" ~ Only if you are starring in a movie, big box office. Like Donnie Yen.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-16-2015 at 08:14 PM.

" Fair enough. But if the target and opening still exist. Do you choose not to cycle it again?" ~ Only if you are starring in a movie, big box office.
    So if man does not go down. You go else where with the attack. It is logical but in my experience, most guys are going to just be beating the same spot with the same move(s). Not in sport fighting so much but it shows up often enough when guys ground and pound.

Have you seen any of Sergio's instructional videos?

Of course, but I'm not singling out Sifu Sergio , just the infatuation with an extended version chain punch that was never a focus of the masters, TCMA.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-16-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Of course.
    And if you have seen the chain punch video. Was it a good instructional by your standards on that particular aspect. Certainly you would not agree with everything. Most of us do not. But as a whole. Good or bad?

I see there are some of his Siu Nim Tau dvds are on youtube.

Have not seen, someone should post it. I have posted many of Sergio's vids (interviews in China) on the forum in the past. I have also mentioned before that Sifu Sergio has been shown closed door (family) stuff that he has been intrusted with, from watching some of his instructional stuff closely. The old Masters like him.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-16-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Of course, but I'm not singling out Sifu Sergio , just the infatuation with an extended version chain punch that was never a focus of the masters, TCMA.
    Oh, don't worry. I'm not infatuated with the chain punching, lol. I can understand how that might impress little kids. He delves deeper than just rapid fire 20 punches a second which is why I thought best chain punch dvd I have seen.

So, what are your impressions of Sergio's instructional's ? As a whole good or bad? Better or worse than others. I have a series from a Australian guy who's name escapes me. Peterson or Paterson maybe? His seem very good. Better than most of Sergio's in my opinion. Still, I like Sergio.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 04-16-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Have not seen, someone should post it. I have posted many of Sergio's vids (interviews in China) on the forum in the past. I have also mentioned before that Sifu Sergio has been shown closed door (family) stuff that he has been intrusted with, from watching some of his instructional stuff closely. The old Masters like him.
    He brings them money and note, lol. I don't know him but I'm sure he is a nice guy maybe he really is? Means well? Has to make a living too.

Just youtube Sergio Iadarola . It should come up. Looks to be a couple of his dvds are up. I do not want to post links to it in Gene's place. I could pm the links if someone cant find it but it really should not be hard to find.

PalmStriker. Thank you. Have a nice night. I'm signing out.

I don't mind if he becomes popular or well off from teaching/expanding WingChun. That goes for all others who do the same. The old histories,lineages, techniques, etc. should be preserved in all the TCMA styles. If people take things in their own directions that is OK with me. To re-write history for motive is not so good. Wing Chun is what it was. Nobody is having to ward off gold coin darts these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    This forum should be viewed as a virtual school where you would honour yourself and others by your own behaviour.
    I am afraid that horse bolted a decade or more ago.

Few of us here have followed that maxim all the time, with the OP himself being a significant transgressor, prior to his recent epiphany and apparent transformation upon his reading of this book. Good sentiment, but it comes with a few grains of salt.

Few forums escape such. A BJJ forum which was an exemplar of polite and respectful behaviour toward fellow posters a few years ago has descended into a snakes' pit as bad as this one used to be, with venomous arguments about whether or not one should accept a tournament silver medal if you lost in a two man division, and whether to boycott a seminar presented by a coral belt, one of whose affiliates presented a child with a seventh degree black belt (not a BJJ belt). Basically stuff that had no impact whatsoever on those acting most aggrieved, and next to none on anyone actively involved.

I see this place more like a university bar. You do not need be on your best behaviour all the time. You do not have to accept what anyone says because of who they hang out with or what they claim to have achieved. Sometimes you have a good discussion, other times you get into an argument.

Looking for education or enlightenment? Or validation? Wrong place, bro.
    Last edited by anerlich; 04-16-2015 at 11:29 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!