Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An Apology & Recommendation

Sergio

I haven't come across the particular chain punching video discussed, only one which is basically a marketing teaser, but I did look through a few of his other Youtube videos.

In short, he appears to be a pretty competent Wing Chun practitioner with plenty of striking power and technical understanding. His instructional style is also quite competent. The best MA instructor or Wing Chun practitioner I've ever seen? No, but pretty good and a long way from the worst. Refreshingly free of the "MMA is the spawn of the devil", "Everyone else is a moron except me and my teachers and buddies, especially YOU", and "None of you know what I know and I MIGHT tell you a BIT of it if you kiss my a$$ for an extended period" attitudes.

He's obviously put in a lot of time and world travel seeking knowledge, and put out a significant amount of material. It seems a bit overpriced to me in comparison to other instructionals, but not enormously so.

It's easy to take cheap shots at someone who puts himself in the public eye so much and seeks out so many instructors, but I think that's inappropriate. Not everyone has the ability, desire, or willingness to make sacrifices to do that. Good luck to him, he's doing more than most to publicise Wing Chun and try and keep it relevant in the current day and age.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

no him asking for hendriks sources is a totally legitimah question. the thing is hendrik can never tell him because he just scours chinese web for kung fu articles.

none of the info hendrik posted about wing chun is any ground breaking news.
    Bawang, Your 100% right s per above ... I realise that now!

Jimbo
    I don't disagree with you, bawang, but I was mainly referring to this post as it relates to the situation now:
    Yes and I have replied to him as I would if this had happened on floor. I would expect anyone in my hall to treat me in a respectful manner but also be able to openly disagree with me or to call me out had I lied or been as totally disrespectful to them as Hendrik has been to me.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I haven't come across the particular chain punching video discussed, only one which is basically a marketing teaser, but I did look through a few of his other Youtube videos.

In short, he appears to be a pretty competent Wing Chun practitioner with plenty of striking power and technical understanding. His instructional style is also quite competent. The best MA instructor or Wing Chun practitioner I've ever seen? No, but pretty good and a long way from the worst. Refreshingly free of the "MMA is the spawn of the devil", "Everyone else is a moron except me and my teachers and buddies, especially YOU", and "None of you know what I know and I MIGHT tell you a BIT of it if you kiss my a$$ for an extended period" attitudes.

He's obviously put in a lot of time and world travel seeking knowledge, and put out a significant amount of material. It seems a bit overpriced to me in comparison to other instructionals, but not enormously so.

It's easy to take cheap shots at someone who puts himself in the public eye so much and seeks out so many instructors, but I think that's inappropriate. Not everyone has the ability, desire, or willingness to make sacrifices to do that. Good luck to him, he's doing more than most to publicise Wing Chun and try and keep it relevant in the current day and age.

This may be the nicest post I have come across in this sub forum. Anyway, Sergio's videos were a bit cheaper a few years back. I bought a couple. They were instant downloads. I want to say they were about 20 bucks US then. But, I may be wrong. I did notice 4 of his dvd downloads in youtube. First set and 2 others called the beginning and the end or the now. Different uploaders.

I have relatives in Adelaide. Asked them about Jim Fung. None were ever into MA's aside from boxing. So never heard of him.

Thanks for your honest opinion.

"Yes and I have replied to him as I would if this had happened on floor. I would expect anyone in my hall to treat me in a respectful manner but also be able to openly disagree with me or to call me out had I lied or been as totally disrespectful to them as Hendrik has been to me."

Ahahaha! My god. Thankfully you don't live around here. We have nice girls.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

u wing chun guys must have missed it holed up in ur forum section but hendrik was going thru that internal kung fu yiquan phase and tried to link wing chun to yiquan (lol) and posted "super secret internal information". i just copy pasted the stuff on google and in 2 seconds found the article from a kung fu blog on sina.

another time he was talking about shaolin kung fu and said tree hugging skill is where u hug a tree and absorb its qi. tree hugging skill is a exercise where u lift up stone cylinders.

also the scant video the guy posted he is like friggin 80 pounds and has mental attitude of famine victim. maybe thats normal wing chun bodytype but u can tell the guy is not normal lol

and im srs ron u need to lift weights it will solve ur kung fu problems
    Last edited by bawang; 04-21-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

"another time he was talking about shaolin kung fu and said tree hugging skill is where u hug a tree and absorb its qi. tree hugging skill is a exercise where u lift up stone cylinders. "

Name:  images (9).jpg
Views: 419
Size:  8.6 KB
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Greetings,

Another look at chain punching. Focus on Vitor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHFhXEHnfs

There is a time and a place for it.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    I have relatives in Adelaide. Asked them about Jim Fung. None were ever into MA's aside from boxing. So never heard of him.
    Sifu Jim Fung died in 2007. He moved his school HQ from Adelaide to Sydney in the 1980's, IIRC. I saw a demo of his in 1978, and considered joining his school in the late 1980s, but ended up elsewhere.

I train Jiu Jitsu with Dave O'Donnell, one of the inheritors of his Wing Chun system. Dave and I were awarded our BJJ black belts on the same night in 2013.
    Last edited by anerlich; 04-21-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Sifu Jim Fung died in 2007. He moved his school HQ from Adelaide to Sydney in the 1980's, IIRC. I saw a demo of his in 1978, and considered joining his school in the late 1980s, but ended up elsewhere.

I train Jiu Jitsu with Dave O'Donnell, one of the inheritors of his Wing Chun system. Dave and I were awarded our BJJ black belts on the same night in 2013.
    Nice. My brother is a brown belt in Gracie Barra.

I have some screen captures (Proper and real ones) that has Sifu Sergio stating that he does not work with one Hendrik Santo yet claims that Hendrik Santo is his "Yik Kam Source"???

In this same series of screen captures Sergio states that the “6 Core Elements are ancient and that Hendrick Santo did not come up with them"

Sergio also states that he trained directly in person with Hendrick Santo and that Hendrik Santo is his Sifu.

When asked to produce one photo of he and Hendrik together he could not. Hendrik Santo was also asked to produce one single photo of him and Sergio together and could not.

Hendrik Santo states that he taught the 8 Core Elements to Sergio in direct contradiction to what Sergio has stated above.

Sifu Sergio stated that he learnt the Siu Lim Tau form from Hendrik Santo in person but could not provide any proof.

Hendrik Santo stated he taught the Siu Lim Tau form to Sifu Sergio in person but could not provide any proof.

Hendrik Santo boasted that he told eminent White Crane Master Lee Kong that he (Lee Kong) was not as good as the ancients in the art of White Crane.

Hendrik Santo stated he does not do or has done any White Crane.

I post this here as a matter of public record regarding the statements of Hendrick Santo and Sergio Iadarola on the matters pertaining to the Six Core Elements.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

ron u really need to let go of this internet research tomfoolery and start doing steroids and lifting weights. its the only way your school will grow.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I never got a dog in any of the Wing Chun fights, but I got to say I've trained with some people for years and never bothered to take a picture with them. Not everyone's into the whole selfie thing, believe it or not. For whatever that's worth....

On a happier note, the best thing I've read about Wing Chun in a long time came across my feed today, check it out after you done with the Kung Fu Theater here! :P

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/wing-...ing-the-center
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I never got a dog in any of the Wing Chun fights, but I got to say I've trained with some people for years and never bothered to take a picture with them. Not everyone's into the whole selfie thing, believe it or not. For whatever that's worth....

On a happier note, the best thing I've read about Wing Chun in a long time came across my feed today, check it out after you done with the Kung Fu Theater here! :P

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/wing-...ing-the-center
    Nice link. Thanks. By the way, some may realize SLY grabbed his characters name in the Expendables for someone listed in that article. That guy also wrote a book. Leo Fong would recommend that book.