Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David Paulides, Missing 411

Hi Jimbo,

Paulides' stance quickly deteriorates to that of fear mongering if he does not even bother to come up with some interventions geared toward modifying camping behavior in the National Parks. Though he is not an authority, I think he would be received differently if he was looking to make things better/safer as opposed to just looking for info for his future books. I have shared that I have found him to be inconsistent on more than one occasion; so, I am very wary of this guy. I guess that is just the warrior in me.

mickey

mickey,

I respect your stance. I, too, don't just take someone at their word without some scrutiny on my part. However, I have found Paulides to be very consistent on important details.

I seriously doubt that Paulides has gotten rich off his books. (BTW, if you judge his books by the Amazon prices, you're judging them by unscrupulous resellers who buy up his books at normal prices and jack up the prices to a ridiculous degree on Amazon. Paulides has warned about this, and tries to discourage unscrupulous resellers from even buying his books).

I mention this because people who blow off the entire concept of unexplainable disappearances, virtually without exception, have NOT read even one of his books. Then they will inevitably say, "He just wants to sell books. I'm not going to pay money for his books; all these disappearances are people just getting lost in the woods or getting taken by mountain lions," etc., etc., etc. It's a catch-22. They think it's all BS, but they also won't study the myriad of cases, either. If they're trying to make an argument against, that's certainly not a logical or effective way to go about it.

Paulides has amassed this information mostly on his own dime, and self-publishes his books. I personally have no problem with him charging for his books. They aren't that expensive. I have no financial stake in his books or his research, either. Let me just say that the cases presented are not 'dramatized' in any way. The way they're presented is almost boring in their consistency, which makes them even more chilling. Just the cold, hard facts. There is no doubt that the cases are presented exactly as they occurred; he's even personally met and spoken to family members of persons who went missing under bizarre circumstances.

mickey, I remember you once suggested I should get some financial benefit from compiling the info in my soundtracks in KF movies thread, but I expect none and couldn't charge for it, anyway. Not to mention I've done WAAAAYY less work, research, etc., than Paulides has for his work. And I have incurred zero expenses as well. The same cannot be said for Paulides. I really can't see how you expect him to institute strict requirements for visiting national parks to avoid disappearing in unusual circumstances, when most people don't even believe it happens, let alone to themselves. Not to mention the NPS cover-up of such cases.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 05-20-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Hi Jimbo,

i would not expect him to institute anything. He could have taken the lead in suggesting some things. Something just came to me. Gotta go.

mickey

Guess What????

I contacted the National Parks Service and submitted this:

Hello,

A couple of years ago, I was made aware of the investigations made by David Paulides regarding the persons who go missing in National Parks. While such events are of concern, for Mr Paulides to make note of such happenings without offering suggestions to reduce these occurrences amounts to nothing more than fear mongering. I realized that I was not doing much better by simply criticizing him. I came up with a few suggestions that, if anything, reflect a concerned first step that suggests the need for constructive dialogue by those with the authority to implement changes for the betterment and safety of others. My ideas are as follows:

1- No single campers allowed

2- A travel itinerary must be provided before the use of the parks. Photo identification must be provided as well.

3- Each person must have a flare gun and glycerine

4- All travel must be done in groups, even to relieve oneself

While the aforementioned can help in many ways. They are merely suggestions that hopefully will stimulate proactive discussions gears (OMFG A TYPO) toward making our national parks a safer place for everyone.

Sincerely,......

Let's see if they respond.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 05-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks, this should be interesting.

Actually, Paulides has given suggestions to lessen the chance of becoming a victim in national parks. Some examples I can think of off the top of my head:

1) Always carry a firearm AND a GPS device. People have gone missing with one or the other, but so far no one who's had both have gone missing.

2) Avoid wearing brightly-colored clothing. This may seem counterintuitive, but people with bright-colored clothing tend to vanish at higher rates. Some Native American cultures, as well as some tribes in SE Asia believe that the brightly-colored clothing attracts 'attention'. It is generally suggested to wear basic colors like black, white and perhaps even gray.

3) If in a group, avoid being the very first or last in line, and avoid straying from the group.

4) Try to go at least in pairs. Although...people have vanished under bizarre circumstances in pairs.

3) Be extra aware if picking wild berries in the wilderness. A high degree of disappearances (and reappearances) involve wild berries (huckleberries, blueberries, etc.).

Very bizarre indeed. Call it fear mongering if one will, but these are a good collection of unexplained cases to be aware of. Maybe there is "something else".

Thanks for sharing Jimbo. Definitly a topic to chew over.

So Far... NO RESPONSE

Greetings,

Not even an acknowledgement of receiving my email.

mickey

Thanks for the update, mickey.

To be fair, I'd still give them a bit more time, though I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Since they are apparently aware of (and covering up) unexplained disappearances, I would imagine that responding to your email, as far as acknowledging there is such a problem, would expose the National Parks Service's official stance as a lie. Why would they consider discussing, much less implementing safety measures for, a problem they claim doesn't even exist?
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-05-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Name:  chart-copy.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  93.9 KB

This entire thread

This article is a bit long, but very interesting and there is a lot to consider here. I believe this is the case that bothered David Paulides the most:

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/0...dennis-martin/
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-10-2017 at 04:10 PM.

David Paulides on unexplained disappearances of people in cities that fit the same patterns of mysterious wilderness disappearances. If this subject interests you, you might want to listen to this ASAP, as David's interviews tend to be up on YouTube only temporarily.

The interview itself begins at around 9:26: