Thread: new book pre sale "lion's roar san da"

new book pre sale "lion's roar san da"

Pre-sale is now closed... thanks to those who purchased, book will be shipped asap to you (about 2 weeks)

Name:  book cover small.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  82.7 KB

More than 20 years in the making, Sifu David A Ross finally presents the definitive guide to his teaching method. For more than twenty years, Sifu Ross proved the effectiveness of the late Chan Tai-San’s Chinese martial arts techniques by training successful fighters who competed in Sanshou, San Da, Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).

This volume explains BOTH traditional Chinese combat theory and modern approaches to effective training. Information that was either previously available only to “disciples” or was obscured by Buddhist and Daoist metaphors is discussed in direct terms for the first time and made available to everyone.

Whether you are a student of Chinese martial arts or of modern Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) you will have a new appreciation of both after reading this volume.

A Partial Table of Contents
    Traditional vs. Modern
    Randori and Shiai
    Fighting Stance and Footwork
    Striking
    Kicking
    Six Gates Theory
    “Making pain a friend”
    Counter Attacks
    Lion’s Techniques (獅子法)
    The out and in step (出入步 )
    Ride the kick and counter kick
    Knee against straight punches
    The cut kick / sweep
    Leg attack takedowns
    The Heavy Bag
    Muay Thai Pads
    The roles of tradition and respect?
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 04-28-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Greetings,

What is truly weird is that I dreamt about receiving a book from David Ross last night. And it was about fighting. Seriously. Seeing this post is absolutely creepy. Too bad you do not take paypal. I would have honored my dream.

Congratulations.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

What is truly weird is that I dreamt about receiving a book from David Ross last night. And it was about fighting. Seriously. Seeing this post is absolutely creepy. Too bad you do not take paypal. I would have honored my dream.

Congratulations.

mickey
    pay pal has become very unreliable over the years and has some major issues for vendors... the book will be available on eshop and Amazon soon, but this is the pre sale

Oh! And Gene will be giving away FREE COPIES also

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Good work Dave.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

do u got kinder edition

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    do u got kinder edition
    I am thinking whether to do one for this, since it is instructional in nature, not sure it will translate to kindle,,,,, and last time they messed up the fonts

I have not been on in a while, how will I best be able to buy this book going forward? Your signature looks like that might be a different book?
    Last edited by Lucas; 05-02-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Link to E Store will be put up when ready

All domestic pre-sales are scheduled to be delivered by Friday April 15th! (sorry, no control over international delivery!)

For the rest, the book is available now via my e-store at https://www.createspace.com/5461916

Greetings,

You might try to get the month right before you hear a real Lion's Roar.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

You might try to get the month right before you hear a real Lion's Roar.

mickey
    LOL... that was an auto generated message from my publisher, I didn't even look at it