Thread: Vikings

Vikings

Come on now. I know some of you are watching this.

May 05, 2015 11:01am PT by Lesley Goldberg
    'Vikings' Bulks Up With Three New Regulars for Season 4 (Exclusive)

Following the deadly third season, the History drama will introduce three new characters.

Following its deadly third season, History's Vikings is adding three new series regulars to its cast.

Peter Franzen (The Gunman),Jasper Paakkonen (Frozen Land, Secret Lives) and Dianne Doan (Once Upon a Time) have boarded the drama series created by Michael Hirst, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Franzen will play King Harald Finehair, a Scandinavian warrior and potential threat to Ragnar (Travis Fimmel). Paakkonen is set to play Halfdan the Black, Finehair's younger brother. Doan will portray Yidu, a new and unique Chinese character who will have a big role in season four.

Read more 'Vikings' Postmortem: Series Creator on Ragnar Twist and Season 4 Time Jump

Season four, already under way in Ireland, will feature a time jump of a "couple of years," Hirst told THR after the season three finale.

The castings come as Vikings said farewell to Jessalyn Gilsig's Siggy as well as George Blagden's Athelstan in its deadly third season.

Franzen is repped by Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment as well as Actors in Scandinavia; Paakkonen is with ICM Partners, Lisa Richards and Anonymous Content; and Doan is with Principals Talent Management.

Vikings returns in 2016.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

This show has been great!

I was dubious at the onset of this show but the series quickly won me with late-night marathon viewings. I blasted my way through this season's finalé not realizing I had done that until I tuned in the next night to watch more. The production values have been steadily increasing, there's also a scene that is totally ripped off from a George R.R. Martin short story, IIRC titled "The Fortress".

Vikings; the History Channel's most accurate show.

Vikings: Valhalla

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart