Thread: James Demile 1 and 3 inch punch. FULL

James Demile 1 and 3 inch punch. FULL

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Thanks billy for another great video!

You are very welcome. I simply shared a link I came across. Thought more than a few may like to see that video. I still have not watched it other than a quick skim. Been to busy lately.

ENJOY !

Greetings,

Billy,

Given your boxing experience, I figure that powered short strikes would not be difficult for you.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Billy,

Given your boxing experience, I figure that powered short strikes would not be difficult for you.

mickey
    Mickey, I really have not watched this , aside from a quick skim. So, I could not answer if this would be something I could do or not because I really have no idea the guard or methods used to generate power.

My main power source close in would be waist turning and possibly feet turning. At a distance I am pushing off the back foot. I disagree with arts or Dempsey's drop step idea. I believe you are splitting the force. I think a drop step is grand if you are striking downward at almost any angle but a joke if you are striking straight ahead. It is also , contrary to what Dempsey wrote, TO **** SLOW and I'll add it limits the power potential one is capable of. Not sure if they drop step in the above video or not? I have just been to busy to watch it.

I have not heard back from my source. Probably a closed avenue.

Anyone that disagree with the drop step or slamming your foot down while striking ahead please feel free to disagree and state your beliefs. Be appreciated. Not sure if that is a part of Jing power. I really do not know anything about that stuff but would love to read what anyone wants to add for mine and others understanding.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Mickey, I really have not watched this , aside from a quick skim. So, I could not answer if this would be something I could do or not because I really have no idea the guard or methods used to generate power.

My main power source close in would be waist turning and possibly feet turning. At a distance I am pushing off the back foot. I disagree with arts or Dempsey's drop step idea. I believe you are splitting the force. I think a drop step is grand if you are striking downward at almost any angle but a joke if you are striking straight ahead. It is also , contrary to what Dempsey wrote, TO **** SLOW and I'll add it limits the power potential one is capable of. Not sure if they drop step in the above video or not? I have just been to busy to watch it.

I have not heard back from my source. Probably a closed avenue.

Anyone that disagree with the drop step or slamming your foot down while striking ahead please feel free to disagree and state your beliefs. Be appreciated. Not sure if that is a part of Jing power. I really do not know anything about that stuff but would love to read what anyone wants to add for mine and others understanding.

Thanks.
    Dempsey's drop step as described in his book is way too slow as illustrated but as I understood, Dempsey had fine tuned it to where he had to only move a fraction of an inch to generate his power. The exaggerated drop step was just a starting point for exercise. In xingyi my style uses to sliding step with the rear foot to do basically the same thing. But this seems to be a carryover from the old sanxi style as the more evolved hebei styles generally don't use it. The sliding step helps one consolidate power in the right area before release. I don't think it would have been as easy for me to develop power without it. When in actual combat the step wouldn't necessarily be used.