Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plum flower posts

SevenStar Guest

Plum flower posts

anyone here train on them? How do you feel about the results you've gotten?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
    " - nightair

Shaolin36 Guest
    I filled empty paint cans with cement and trained on thos for a while. I became much more stable on my feet and it showed me how much I reach with my kicks. When I reach, i become off blance thus making my tactics less effective. After correcting this I found my kicks are able to unleash and retract quiker and more stablely.

Shaolin36

EARTH DRAGON Guest
    when I studied go ju ryu my sensei and I made a training area in the woods behind his house, replicated from a book called the bubishou that wsas found in a cave in japan it had the exact measuements of distance, circumfrance, and height of the poles we bulit them and used to spar on top of them. It was extremly difficult but afte a couple of years it became much easier , almost to the point of running and twisting on them without fear of falling.

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Budokan Guest
    Don't the posts have to be of differing elevations? Or are they all the same height?

K. Mark Hoover

logic Guest
    I've trained on them off and on for a little over a year.When I do I can feel more control over my balance, and my kicks are more stable.
    I wish I could train on them more often.My friend is thinking about setting something up in his back yard.I told him to go for it.

Honest Neutral Clarity

logic Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by logic:
    I've trained on them off and on for a little over a year.When I do I can feel more control over my balance, and my kicks are more stable.
    I wish I could train on them more often.My friend is thinking about setting something up in his back yard.I told him to go for it.

Honest Neutral Clarity[/quote]

Honest Neutral Clarity

SantaClaus Guest
    you can use cement filled coffee cans, but beware, I sprained my ankle training that way.

May red assed baboons rape you in your sleep.

Shaolindynasty Guest
    I used to train on some homemade ones. Good for increaseing your balance. I don't think they need to any certain way to gain from them, unless your goal is to be authentic. I'd start with some temporary shorter wider ones then progress gradually in height and smaller around.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net

Sum Sing Wong Guest
    from all the ones i have seen in pictures and stuff they have been different hieght levels.

IronFist Guest
    If you're making them yourself, don't make them very high. You don't need 2 or 3 foot poles in your back yard. If you fall off of those you have a high chance of getting hurt. 3-4 inch posts should work the same.

Iron

"Now why the **** would you censor "d.ork?"

Ironman PostLog: 1100 - 11/20/01

Flower Plum Posts.... Dangerous?

Well I just wanted to know, if these flower plum posts were dangerous. I mean I think about it and wonder, if you slipped and fell is there a chance that you could fall on another post and get seriously injured...

Post replies on this topic, always fun to hear what you guys have to say.
    under the reign of fire i still stand

I take it this a pun towards someone?

Well, you're not supposed to make really high ones like in the movies. I've heard training on ones that are only 3-4" off the ground will serve the same purpose as ones that are 3-4 feet off the ground, except if you fall off the 3-4 inch high ones you won't be hurt as bad.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yeah, I was just curious and bored so you know how this question came into play lol.
    under the reign of fire i still stand

Start low

Martial arts are dangerous. Sometimes you get hit in the head really hard.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart