Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee smoking a cigarette. And you thought he did not enjoy life, LOL.

Bruce Lee smoking a cigarette. And you thought he did not enjoy life, LOL.

Bruce smoking-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2lR80UQsPc

Nope, it is from an old HK movie before he came to live in America.

A high percentage of the old-school kung fu movie stars/stuntmen, as well as many kung fu teachers, were smokers. For example, Jackie Chan smoked for a long time before quitting. I also remember reading back in the 70s in Black Belt magazine, an article about a Japan Karate Association (JKA) event which described the championship-winning Japanese team as all smoking while relaxing. Also, many of the old-school American karatemen from the 'blood and guts' era reportedly smoked as well.

The first CMA teacher I trained under in Taiwan, who was around 70 when I started with him, smoked a lot, as did a number of his top students. In fact, the teacher and his top student, my 'big elder brother' in the class, both often smoked even while teaching. At first, it felt weird to me to see someone teaching with a cigarette dangling from his mouth. Or to set their lit cigarette down on a bench, teach something, then go back and pick the cig back up. It felt odd, because the teacher was in very good shape for a 70 year-old, and my senior was also in good shape and exercised a lot. I try not to think about the fact that I sometimes trained in someone's secondhand smoke.

smoking won't disappear until the 35+ crowd of today is dead.
    I don't think many young ones are picking it up these days. For one thing, it's out of their league money wise and for another, no one thinks it's a good idea anymore. Only the old addicts are going to keep it afloat in the west.

Huge markets are still going strong in Asia though...so that's where all the tobacco sales will be in the foreseeable future until they bump hip.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah. I know lots of older cats who smoke and can still hold it down. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it doesn't set some people back as much as many of the younger generation seem to think. I know people who can run a marathon then have a smoke. I also know people who smoke and can barely breathe. I think a lot of it has to do with whether you are otherwise healthy. I know a boxer who smokes, dude takes endurance to the next level. If you smoke, eat chips and watch tv all day and your exercise regime consists of going to get more chips, it won't end well for you. On the flip side, many smoke their whole lives, are active and suffer very few of the consequences we hear about. Part genetics too. When all is said and done though, better to just not smoke, or just smoke when you're drinkin' lol.

Almost all the teachers I have met in China and Korea smoke. Just the generation they grew up in

Bruce was a stoner.

Ever read his autopsy report? There was marijuana in his system. That was not the cause of death, but nevertheless, it was noted and logged.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Ever read his autopsy report? There was marijuana in his system. That was not the cause of death, but nevertheless, it was noted and logged.
    If I remember correctly, BL ate marijuana brownies instead of smoking it.

That's true...

My reply was more in reference to boxerbilly's thread title "And you thought he did not enjoy life, LOL" then whether he inhaled or not.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Everybody smoked a joint in the 70's....grandma didn't know

"will be in the foreseeable future until they bump hip"

Haha a thumbs up for the chuckle on who's "bumping hip". Good good! Lead them.....haha
    Name:  images (78).jpg
Views: 4930
Size:  11.3 KB
    Last edited by curenado; 05-26-2015 at 01:13 PM.
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

bump hip indeed....

....sometimes I think all you forum members are smoking joints. And it ain't the 70s no more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

....sometimes I think all you forum members are smoking joints. And it ain't the 70s no more.
    I would but I don't know who to buy it from anymore.

In all fairness, the weed the kids smoke these days is head and shoulders above the weed people smoked in the 70s.
    Cigarettes are bad, especially processed ones. Holy crap, the junk they put into those is scary! Far far worse than regular dried tobacco that hasn't been washed in hundreds of toxins.

Anyway, don't smoke cigs kids! And hey there, easy on the weed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"above the weed people smoked in the 70s.
    Cigarettes are bad, especially processed ones. Holy crap, the junk they put into those is scary! Far far worse than regular dried tobacco that hasn't been washed in hundreds of toxins."

Haha remember the even more toxic and noxious "who can be the biggest udopian woman for the cheeldren" passive aggressives period? Like 20 years ago....

It's gotten so passe', especially when we saw tens of millions of people sacrifice their selves to mental and spiritual stylish ***gotry and it did not change a thing.
    hands down people would rather be Bruce Lee with a cigarette, than a pitiful girl carrying around a diaper pail blowing a whistle so their soccer mom suckas can see they are as miserable haha and helmet hair evil

There is no connection between smoking and gong fu or not. That's just another manipulative American fallacy, as gone as the roof fliers are going to be, now that we're home to the middle east and Africa the non smoking, glibtard demorats have made our country into. Men with chi chis has gone out of fashion (yay!) We're glad killers who smoke and drink as we like again....
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    "above the weed people smoked in the 70s.
    Cigarettes are bad, especially processed ones. Holy crap, the junk they put into those is scary! Far far worse than regular dried tobacco that hasn't been washed in hundreds of toxins."

Haha remember the even more toxic and noxious "who can be the biggest udopian woman for the cheeldren" passive aggressives period? Like 20 years ago....

It's gotten so passe', especially when we saw tens of millions of people sacrifice their selves to mental and spiritual stylish ***gotry and it did not change a thing.
    hands down people would rather be Bruce Lee with a cigarette, than a pitiful girl carrying around a diaper pail blowing a whistle so their soccer mom suckas can see they are as miserable haha and helmet hair evil

There is no connection between smoking and gong fu or not. That's just another manipulative American fallacy, as gone as the roof fliers are going to be, now that we're home to the middle east and Africa the non smoking, glibtard demorats have made our country into. Men with chi chis has gone out of fashion (yay!) We're glad killers who smoke and drink as we like again....
    Do I need to drink a 5th to get this man?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

haaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Do I need to drink a 5th to get this man?
    And smoke a joint. A good 2015 joint. Not one of those old 70s joints where you need to huff half a lid before you feel anything.

I think the real question here is: would Bruce have vaped?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips