Thread: shaolin no longer gor fighting?

shaolin no longer gor fighting?

im here now for a few days,watched several training sessions,the only thing i have seen is one night some young shaolin students hitting pads,nothing else,sparring applications ect
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 05-27-2015 at 01:29 AM.

do you practice shaolin?
    what do you do with it?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

the jianghu wont show u the real deal because i emailed ur forum posts

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Do you want Sanda or technique applications?

There are regular Sanda tournaments all over Dengfeng, but you need to know when they happen from an inside source as they aren't usually advertised. As for applications for traditional Shaolin, seek the elder monks and masters. The coaches assigned to tourists generally aren't as conversant, especially the ones under 30.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

http://www.shaolinwugulun.com/en/

These guys seem pretty legit.

It is actually a little different when I go there since I live in china my wife is Chinese and I speak Chinese. We actually brought our own monk with us. He lived in the shaolin temple as a disciple for 12 years. he has been living outside the temple for a while now. we brought him cause the temple wanted to charge us the ridiculous prices ,and we are filming a documentary film and my teacher introduced us to him. He taught us some applications and forms, but to be honest I know all of them[not the shaolin version] for over 20 years already, really simple stuff, like high back elbow strike and simple blocks and wrist locks. We went inside the main gates once to walk around. It’s a big touristy scene we didn’t stay there long.

The rest of the time staying in the outside the main gates where there are many shaolin monks/students that eat meat and do little religion but live in the schools and train like monks. watching these really nice young people training daily. They are great at what they do ,but it is far removed from fighting, that is the reality of it,still a beautiful art and sure you can use it to train for fighting with a little imagination, but to say otherwise is being delusional

apparently they do spar sloppy but they go at it,so i eat my words.