Thread: Ernie Reyes Jr. in ICU from Kidney Failure

Ernie Reyes Jr. in ICU from Kidney Failure

Here is the link to his GoFundMe site. They are hoping to raise money for a transplant.

Ernie Reyes Jr Official Site

SANTA CLARA, CA
    $20,706 of $75k
    Raised by 380 people in 2 days

Created June 5, 2015
    Destiny Reyes
    KIDNEY TRASPLANT FUND

Thank you for taking a moment to see why and how you can make a difference. My brother, Ernie Reyes Jr., was recently in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) fighting for his life suffering from kidney failure. Ernie is currently undergoing dialysis treatment 3 times per week for 4 hours a day while waiting for a kidney transplant. This is a very challenging time not only for Ernie Jr.'s immediate family, but a challenging time for our family as well.

My father, Ernie Reyes Sr. (Founder of Ernie Reyes West Coast World Martial Arts), is 100% committed to helping Ernie however he can.

You may know or remember Ernie as a child in Last Dragon and Sidekicks, or as that teenager from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You may also remember him from The Rundown with "The Rock" or even his most recent star appearance on NCIS: Los Angeles. My brother has spent his entire childhood and adult life fighting in films and television, but now his battle has gone from the screen to reality, fighting for his life.

Regardless of where you have seen or heard of Ernie Reyes Jr., he has impacted peoples' lives all over the world through his extraordinary performances in television and film. Please be aware that he needs support during this time of need and recovery of his life.

Thank you for your support,

Destiny Reyes
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Some UK coverage

I've been seeing a lot of viral attention within our martial world on Ernie. Nice to see it's getting more exposure outside the martial world.

Ninja Turtles star Ernie Reyes Jr. 'fighting for life' in hospital after kidney failure

12:06, 12 June 2015
    By Zoe Shenton

The actor turned MMA fighter appeared in the first movie as Donatello before portraying pizza delivery boy Keno in the second movie

Getty

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles star Ernie Reyes Jr. has been rushed to hospital after suffering severe kidney failure.

The former action star turned MMA fighter, who played Donatello and Keno in the 90s films, is in need of a kidney transplant after his began to fail in March.

His family have set up a fundraising page to help raise money to cover his treatment.

His sister Destiny Reyes told the New York Post: "Ernie is currently undergoing dialysis treatment three times per week for four hours a day while waiting for a kidney transplant."

New Line Cinema
    Pictured in 1991

Ernie appeared in the first movie as purple turtle Donatello before he portrayed pizza delivery boy Keno in the second movie.

The 43-year-old also appeared in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Rush Hour 2 in 2001 and most recently starred in NCIS: Los Angeles as Jemadar Thapa.

Getty

Previously speaking about his role in the famous films, he said: "I’d have to say that working on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the first film, was definitely a highlight – which turned into me being taken out of the costume by the producers and written into the sequel as a live action character.

"That was a pretty spectacular moment in time, being part of something that was so big and so loved by a generation of kids. It was phenomenal to be a part of that and to see everybody’s response to the films and to the franchise as a whole."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sad to ttt this one

There's a photo of him in a hospital bed behind the gofundme link
    Ernie Reyes Jr. Kidney Transplant

$15,805 raised of $75,000 goal
    146 donations
    Donate now
    145 people just donated

Mark Cox
    $50
    Recent donation

Ernestine Reyes Galvin
    $1,000
    Top donation

Natalie George
    $50
    First donation
    See all
    See top donations

Destiny Reyes is organizing this fundraiser.
    Created 1 day ago
    Medical, Illness & Healing
    “I’ve learned that my purpose in life wasn’t to be an actor and to be famous. It was to use my talents to inspire others to achieve their goals and have a good life.”

-- Ernie Reyes Jr.

If you grew up in the 1980s and 1990s, you probably remember Ernie Reyes Jr. as the child star of the TV show Sidekicks, and in the movies The Last Dragon, Surf Ninjas, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You may even remember him from The Rundown with "The Rock," Dwayne Johnson. Regardless of where you have seen or heard of Ernie Reyes Jr., he has had a positive impact on peoples’ lives all over the world, through his extraordinary performances in television and film. And despite the fame of Hollywood stardom, Ernie Jr. has remained true to his roots, using his incredible gifts and talents to help inspire others to achieve their goals and to have a good life. Maybe he even helped to inspire you.

This is the Season of Miracles; my brother Ernie Jr. was blessed with an unexpected Christmas miracle—a kidney was suddenly available for transplant. He was in Hawaii, once again giving inspiration and encouragement to others, when he got the news that he had to be in Phoenix, Arizona within 24 hours for the transplant. He caught a redeye flight to Phoenix, and arrived at the Mayo clinic on December 14, with barely enough time left for a successful transplant.

For the past 6 ˝ years, Ernie Jr. has been undergoing dialysis, 3 days a week, each session 3 hours long. It has been an enormous mental and spiritual challenge, but he always did his best to keep training, teaching, and working to provide for his family of two children.

But because of the rush to get to Phoenix in time for the transplant, what Ernie Jr. didn’t know was what the post-operation procedures would be like. He has just been informed that he has to stay in Phoenix for some time for follow-up medical exams.

On his road to recovery, barely able to move, it will be a challenging time for him and his family. He now has unexpected living expenses for his stay in Phoenix, and when he returns home. This is especially difficult, considering that he won't be physically able to work for the next several months, and will be unable to bring in income to support his family while he recovers.

Today, after a lifetime of inspiring and helping others to achieve their dreams, my brother, Ernie Jr. needs the help and support of others.

And so, after the unexpected Christmas gift of life he received so unexpectedly this week, I would deeply appreciate your support for my brother during his time of need, as he begins his journey on the road to recovery, with his new gift of life and hope.

Our Reyes family deeply appreciates all of your prayers, blessings, and support over the past 6 ˝ years. Any donation to help him with his post operation expenses and living would mean the world to him and his family.

Thank you for taking a moment to see how and why you can make a difference, and thank you so much for your support,

Destiny Reyes
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips