Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Just Started

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17

    Just Started

    I had my first class last evening. I am going into Kung Fu with a cleaned slate between my ears. I am not sure what the appropriate statement would be about my first lesson, but I enjoyed it. I cannot wait until next week.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,655

    Welcome

    Hope you enjoy your practice. For many of us here, it has become our lifestyle.

    And for others here, it has been become something to troll, which is another kind of martial lifestyle, I suppose.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullworker64 View Post
    I had my first class last evening. I am going into Kung Fu with a cleaned slate between my ears. I am not sure what the appropriate statement would be about my first lesson, but I enjoyed it. I cannot wait until next week.
    I remember that. I'm a lifer and it seemed like the rest of the world pretty much fell away because all I easily recall about my first few months was being there and enquiring when I could go back.
    Best wishes of course. To whatever degree you become immersed, you will greatly benefit.
    Like Gene says "hope it swallows you whole, it's great. Ignore the losers."

    Cheers
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17
    Thank you both.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,655

    hold the phone

    Quote Originally Posted by curenado View Post
    Like Gene says "hope it swallows you whole, it's great. Ignore the losers."
    Now when did I say that? I don't advocate ignoring the losers. Crush those losers. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

    And be sure to subscribe. You'll need gear too. Get that here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17
    I will subscribe.

    When it comes time for gear. I will think of this website first.

  7. #7
    hop on TRT and get big muskles asap

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    YOu're going to get to know yourself intimately through determined Kung Fu practice.
    Fair warning, there's parts of you that you won't like. You'll be faced with your own weakness and will struggle to overcome.

    There is reward, there is punishment. It's up to you really.
    It's when you find reward in punishment that you are making a breakthrough. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hop on TRT and get big muskles asap
    Thank you for the suggestion. My muscles, however, are just fine.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    YOu're going to get to know yourself intimately through determined Kung Fu practice.
    Fair warning, there's parts of you that you won't like. You'll be faced with your own weakness and will struggle to overcome.

    There is reward, there is punishment. It's up to you really.
    It's when you find reward in punishment that you are making a breakthrough. lol
    I will remember this. Thanks.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullworker64 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. My muscles, however, are just fine.
    a man who is satisfied wit the size of his muscles is not fit for kung fu

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    a man who is satisfied wit the size of his muscles is not fit for kung fu
    I did not say they were not big, I said they were fine. And, thank you for your continued support and suggestions.
    Last edited by Bullworker64; 06-20-2015 at 12:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullworker64 View Post
    I did not say they were not big, I said they were fine. And, thank you for your continued support and suggestions.
    The best of luck to you on your journey. The more time you spend on this forum, the sooner you will become used to Bawang and his 'advice'.

    Hope you enjoy the ride.

  14. #14
    Focus on a few skills, throwing, striking or seizing.

    And drill and condition your body to the few skills.

    Have a great journey by starting with a few things.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The high desert...
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    Focus on a few skills, throwing, striking or seizing.

    And drill and condition your body to the few skills.

    Have a great journey by starting with a few things.

    Thanks, I have discovered that seems to be the important part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •