Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • lift weights and become real kung fu master

2 66.67%
  • ran off to chinar to star in washing machine commercials

1 33.33%
  • grauate from yang jwing ming discipleship an now on welfare

0 0%
  • handing out flyers awkwardly to young women outside coffee shop next to community college

0 0%

Thread: Kung fu journey update

Kung fu journey update

update ur status of kung fu journey and self actualization
    Last edited by bawang; 06-15-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

All of the above.

Finally learn to make weight lifted benefit other life and live real gong fu life with smells of nature, not other member....
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

Nothing so fancy as those....

My journey consists of: keep practicing, don't be offended by that old dude calling you gwai lo, eat moderately, try not to spend time in a state of intoxication, meditate daily, make at least one advance daily in kung fu practice or knowledge.

That's pretty much it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I just started at 51.

Maybe in 10 years I will be teaching Kung Fu in Palm Springs at a retirement center?

Alas...retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullworker64 View Post
    Maybe in 10 years I will be teaching Kung Fu in Palm Springs at a retirement center?
    That sounds rather pleasant.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Bullworker64 View Post
    I just started at 51.

it is too late.

hope and dreams of youth. gone. like tears. in the rain.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    it is too late.

Name:  images (17).jpg
Views: 290
Size:  6.1 KB

Haha I would not shoot for the iron tiger no. But the fu lasts until there's nothing left but tea, so could go quite a way happily anyhow.

it is too late.

Bawang Hemingway everyone!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'll bite.
    Before martial arts training I was in decent athletic shape. Living in MA. I ran the Boston Marathon, self-trained as a "bandit" (unqualified) runner & did all 26.2 in decent time. I also rode my bike (bicycle) alot, even doing some 100 mile rides. There was great freedom in these things, like going 50 mph on my bicyle down a mountain road (although sometimes those speeds scared the "sh*t out of me, considering the way the roads bend, etc. also going uphill on such roads is even harder!).

I can't compare my martial arts training to those other activites really. We all know it is different. I take my training seriously and am willing to "punish" myself for some reward- no lazy stances, etc. As far as inner strength and strength in general are concerened (tone) I am better over-all with the kung fu training. Different varities of push-ups, qi-gong, nei-gong, punch/ kick combos and skill sets, push hands, sparring, forms, drills, bag work, weapons sets, etc. I am glad that I am a person, living in the times that we do who finds intrinsic value in this kind of training. It makes the mind/body super functional. Without training people just don't have these skill sets. I feel like I don't get sick like alot of other people do, maybe more immune system is in better health. I find that hiking can be a way to calm down before/ after training.

I don't know how much of a "vision" business/ commercial -wise I had going into martial arts training. Probably none, but then, I started in my 20's- to some who started as kids/ adolescents the time to teach will become a next natural step. I have only been training for six years, but I have been training my heart out. I want the knowledge, discipline and skill sets that goes with the training.

But, to the original tone of this thread, yeah, it's kind of like in Shaolin Soccer how none of the guys are a "success" in their adult lives. Neither am I. All the jobs I have had were manual labor jobs. I could have finished community college and maybe transferred to another school and tried to get a better job somewhere. But I decided to work full-time. As far as school goes I am a horrible student- and I am fine with that, college/ school just isn't my thing and maybe the regular "9-5" world isn't either. That's also okay. I would rather survive my experience here in this life with my spirit strong, and it seems these other things make the spirit weak. So I will do what is right for me.

[I would also say that Hollywood & the pop culture has sold people a false image of themselves, and alot of people measure their worth against these false standards. This is the very definition of "mind control"]
    Last edited by MarathonTmatt; 06-18-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Talking

Not quite washing machine commercials but I was once roped into reluctantly endorsing e-dictionaries when I lived in China.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

update ur status of kung fu journey and self actualization
    Suffer and understand.

Help others to overturn oppression.

Won a Muay Thai fight last week by landing spinning back kick, (Tiger's Tail Kick,) to the head. Finally getting better at not back peddling. Still working on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Suffer and understand.

Help others to overturn oppression.
    Ignorance was what we were supposed to dispel, but since I never saw any of them oppressed of much for long I never asked....helping out the one at disadvantage does seem to come naturally often enough to call a trait tho