Thread: If you have ever done acupuncture, what did it do?

If you have ever done acupuncture, what did it do?

For those of you who have had it, was it helpful?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Blog Entries
    it helped me to regain feeling in my legs after being paralyzed.
    ALSO, i went in one day with a bad stuffy nose, dr put in a few needles in my face and instantly it cleared up and i could breath easily.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I've tried several times and I can only say that for me it works for minor issues when I am in good shape. Also, remember I had the first symptoms of UTI and it didn't help at all. It was later that I found out I had urinary traction infection. Other issues I had, it didn't help me at all and found that those were dietary issues that showed up in skin problems.

Mig

The first time I got it was for a severe case of tennis elbow. After weeks of pain it wasn't going away, so a friend who's a great acupuncturist who was visiting from up north gave me a 45-minute session. Next morning the problem was completely gone.

Since then, I've gotten acupuncture treatments for occasional tendinitis due to overwork (I work in massage therapy). Sometimes it takes several treatments to clear something up, and sometimes only once. Either way, you usually won't notice a difference until after at least a night's sleep. For some things, it seems to have little noticeable effect, the same as virtually any type of treatment modality, Eastern or Western.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 06-22-2015 at 01:49 PM.

I had an overuse injury to my left knee last year from too much plyometrics.

A similar one on my right knee took over a year to recover due to constant reinjury. I had to completely lay off of any leg exercise for over 3 months before it would heal on it's own.

For my left knee, I did acupressure. After a week, 50% of the pain was gone. After two weeks, 90% of the pain was gone. Within the month, everything was back to normal.