Thread: Tollywood's Bruce Lee - The Fighter

Hybrid View

Tollywood's Bruce Lee - The Fighter

Charan-Vaitla Film Buyers Worried Over Bruce Lee Title
    Published Date : 08-Jun-2015 05:33:22 GMT

If the buzz is to be believed Bruce Lee title is almost confirmed for Ram Charan’s upcoming film directed by Srinu Vaitla.

Earlier My Name is Raju and Naa Pere Raju titles were considered but Srinu Vaitla wants to name it Bruce Lee as Ram Charan plays the role of a fight master in this film.

Buyers are expecting an out and out entertainer but Bruce Lee title sounds like a full-to action film. Especially the overseas buyers who bought this film for a staggering price considering Srinu Vaitla’s track record are extremely worried about this title.

Bruce Lee may not appeal to the masses too as it sounds like the title of a dubbed movie. Srinu Vaitla usually goes for catchy and massy titles like Dhee, Ready, Dookudu, Aagadu,Badshah, King etc.

This is going to be a different film from the director who is known for making template comedy entertainers.

Does he want to give that impression starting from the title itself? Maybe he should reconsider the title at least for the sake of worried buyers.
    I'm sure Bruce Lee Enterprises, LLC would have something to say about titling this 'Bruce Lee'.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Now it's Bruce Lee

Ram Charan-Sreenu Vaitla's Film Titled As Bruce Lee
    Posted by: Pravallika Anjuri Updated: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 17:22 [IST]

It is known that Ram Charan is playing a stunt man in his next flick with Sreenu Vaitla. He has gone all the way to Thailand and got trained in kick boxing and martial arts to add credibility to his role. Though the film was publicized to be titled as My Name Is Raju, according to a reliable source, the film is said to be titled as Bruce Lee and an official announcement on this will be coming out soon. Charan will also be sporting a tattoo of Bruce Lee in the film and he is said to be putting in great efforts in performing some spine chilling stunts.

The shooting of the film is happening in Hyderabad at a brisk pace and few key scenes are being filmed with Ram Charan and Rakul Preet Singh. Director Sreenu Vaitla and writer Gopi Mohan were pretty happy with the way the film is shaping up and are quite impressed with Mega Power star Ram Charan's comic timing.
    I just poached this out of the Bollywood Kung Fu!! thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ileana D'Cruz

Ileana Offered 1.5 C For Item Number In Bruce Lee?
    Posted by: Pravallika Anjuri Updated: Monday, August 31, 2015, 18:26 [IST] S

Actress Ileana D'Cruz has been reportedly offered Rs.1.5 crore for an item number in Ram Charan's upcoming flick, Bruce Lee.

"Ileana was approached with the offer worth Rs.1.5 crore. It was for a special song in Bruce Lee. The actress is yet to give her nod," a source from the film's unit revealed.

Being directed by Srinu Vaitla, the film also stars Rakul Preet Singh. In the film, Ram Charan will be seen as a stuntman and is nicknamed Bruce Lee.

Last seen in 2012 Telugu film Devudu Chesina Manshulu, Ileana, who was in Hyderabad last week for Chiranjeevi's birthday bash, had said that she would like to return to Telugu filmdom, provided something interesting comes her way.

On that note, gossip mongers are anticipating to see Ileana in an item number in Bruce Lee, which is rumored to be the song featuring both Charan and Chiranjeevi.

Rs.1.5 crore = $235,500 USD at today's rates.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bruce Lee Movie Teaser | Ram Charan | Rakul Preet Singh | Srinu Vaitla

This trailer doesn't sell it for me at all.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm surprised the Bruce Lee estate is allowing this.

Maybe Shannon just isn't tuned into Indian cinema.

I'm changing the title of this thread from 'My Name is Raju >or< Naa Pere Raju >or< Bruce Lee?' to 'Tollywood's Bruce Lee - The Fighter'

'Bruce Lee' song for Sreenu Vaitla's birthday
    IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, September 23, 2015]

Sreenu Vaitla celebrates his birthday tomorrow (Sept 24) and the 'Le Chalo' song from 'Bruce Lee - The Fighter' will be released on this occasion.

A one minute song teaser will be released at 12.00 am tomorrow. The making video of this song was released for Vinayaka Chavithi. The chemistry between Ram Charan and Rakul Preet is going to be one of the highlights of this movie, apart from Chiranjeevi's cameo. They look very good in the posters.

Thaman is the music director of this movie. The audio will be released on October 2nd and the movie hits the screens worldwide on October 16th.
    Bruce Lee poster: Ram Charan and Rakul Preet Singh all set to scorch the big screen with their sizzling chemistry!
    Mon, September 21, 2015 5:22pm IST by Subramanian Harikumar

The film directed by Srinu Vaitla releases on October 16
    Ram Charan’s 9th film, which was earlier titled as RC9, has been buzzing in Tollywood for quite some time now. Rechristened as Bruce Lee, the film directed by Srinu Vaitla stars Ram Charan, Rakul Preet Singh and Sampath.

Other than Chiranjeevi’s extended cameo of over 15 mins, which includes a dance number and an action sequence, Bruce Lee has been in news for the much hyped item number rumoured to be picturised on Ileana D’Çruz. While the teasers of the film have shown that the film has enough to attract action buffs as well as family audience, the romantic angle between Ram Charan and Rakul Preet is yet to be established.

This new poster of Ram Charan and Rakul Preet is a proof of scintillating chemistry between the two actors. While Ram Charan dressed in black looks stylish flaunting his Bruce Lee tattoo, Rakul Preet looks like a dream in white dress showing off her enviable curves.

The other poster of Bruce Lee shows Ram Charan all geared up for some unadulterated action sporting a bullet proof vest and brandishing two guns at once.

With no big release around the corner, Ram Charan’s Bruce Lee is sure to strike big at box office.
    That second poster reminds me of some Hollywood poster, maybe for a Tom Cruise action flick? Dang, I can't remember exactly.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Maybe Shannon just isn't tuned into Indian cinema.

I'm changing the title of this thread from 'My Name is Raju >or< Naa Pere Raju >or< Bruce Lee?' to 'Tollywood's Bruce Lee - The Fighter'

That second poster reminds me of some Hollywood poster, maybe for a Tom Cruise action flick? Dang, I can't remember exactly.
    [url]http://image.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Mission-Impossible-3-Tom-Cruise-Ethan-Hunt-2006-Movie-Picture-Poster.jpg[/urlName:  Mission-Impossible-3-Tom-Cruise-Ethan-Hunt-2006-Movie-Picture-Poster.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  99.2 KB
    Last edited by ShaolinDan; 09-23-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Unnodu Ka

Didn't think this was quite worthy of its own thread as we've got two Indian Bruce Lee film threads and none of us have reviewed either.

Narayan plays bruce lee
    Mrinalini Sundar | TNN | Apr 16, 2016, 01.00 AM IST

Actor Narayan will play Bruce Lee in his next film, Unnodu Ka. Elaborating about his role, Narayan says, "I play Bruce Lee, a funny guy. The heroine will fall for me because of my name. She assumes that I, too, can fight with people like the real Bruce Lee. But when she comes to know that I'm incapable, the story becomes interesting. She then dumps me because of her wrong assumption. The movie is an out-and-out comedy and will be a fun entertainer." The movie directed by RK has Aari and debutant Maaya playing the lead roles. Prabhu, Bala Saravanan, Urvashi, Manobala and Mansoor Ali Khan are part of the cast, too. Talking about his choice of roles, Narayan says, "I have been doing a lot of comedy films. However, I am looking forward to doing some action and serious roles, too. I want to break the stereotype and explore different characters."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips