Thread: About Wah Lum Kung Fu

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    They also will teach you how to generate proper power within your system
    NO! You cannot learn to properly hit something by not hitting things. Air provides zero feedback. Structure developed through forms practice is meaningless when you transition to actually hitting moving, solid objects.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    NO! You cannot learn to properly hit something by not hitting things. Air provides zero feedback. Structure developed through forms practice is meaningless when you transition to actually hitting moving, solid objects.
    stop arguing with that guy man hes a legitimate nutcase he got the huang aguilar eyes lol

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    SoCoKungFu, are you running/teaching a Kung Fu group of your own? Just wondering.

I'm generally going to side with you, though. I remember hearing that a good chunk of historical CMA training had much less emphasis on forms training (at least in the military and for those competing on lei tai). I always thought forms emphasis was more of a modern thing, or in dynastic times as just a way to make a living during peace time. So if anything, it'd be more faithful toward TCMA to spar more than focus on form work, assuming that you are not into Hua Fa Wu Yi
    Last edited by Krottyman; 07-29-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krottyman View Post
    SoCoKungFu, are you running/teaching a Kung Fu group of your own? Just wondering. If so, then I think there would be a lot less to argue if you (if you have competed) or your students showing that your training suggestions are better than Wuxia's or Wiz's or whoever else is arguing otherwise.

I'm generally going to side with you, though. I remember hearing that a good chunk of historical CMA training had much less emphasis on forms training (at least in the military and for those competing on lei tai). I always thought forms emphasis was more of a modern thing, or in dynastic times as just a way to make a living during peace time. So if anything, it'd be more faithful toward TCMA to spar more than focus on form work, assuming that you are not into Hua Fa Wu Yi
    u do know that wiz guy is a sex tourist right

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    u do know that wiz guy is a sex tourist right
    Lol I was gonna withold my judgment but ok