Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post

And that brings us to #3. If we believe in WC as a fighting art, how do we attract and keep the fighters, the "tough lads looking to scrap" that you mentioned? That's where I think we should all support the efforts of guys like Alan Orr, even if it's not what we do. We need people who are willing to adapt, evolve and test WC in the public, competitive arena if we want the art to survive for the next generation.

Those of us like myself, who are are more traditional can keep the traditional side of the arts alive, but we need the Alan Orrs and his like to keep WC relevant in the world today.
That's what it comes down to. Kung Fu schools need to fight. Not everyone in the school needs to fight, but every school should have fighters. More Kung Fu schools need to compete in Lei Tai and Sanda; and help grow those sports. If there's no other CMA schools to participate, compete in Muay Thai, kick boxing or MMA. I think a lot of MMA minded types are more open minded then some give them credit for. Many people are interested in both MMA and TMAs.