Thread: The True origins of Cho Ga wing chun

Blog Entries

https://www.facebook.com/groups/669916973143032/

Newly designed Yik Kam Wing Chun by Hendrik Santo

Stephen Choe's photo.
    Like Comment

Spencer Devine, Wayne Yung and 2 others like this.

Stephen Choe
    This video shows the Yik Kam Wing Chun Siu Nim Tao by Hendrik Santo. Hendrik Santo is the guy in the video. Now he is much more thinner. I have asked other Choe Hung Choy's students and his own son. They said this is not the wing chun that taught by Choe Hung Choy. Hendrik Santo has created it by himself. He is lying.

16 July at 23:42 · Edited · Like · 3

Wah Chan
    This Unfaithful Student Of Sifu Choe Hung Choy Has Changed His Sifu's Sil Lim Tao Form ! The Form Is Supposed To Be In Forward Stance ( Gung Bo) & Say Peng Ma ( Horse Stance). He Changed All The Techniques And Stances ! Oh My God ! And You Claim Yourself To Be The Internal Student Of Sifu Choe ! I Trained With Sifu Choe ( Choy Sook) In The 60's. That's Why I Know ! Come To Think Of It , You Should Call Me Si-Heng ! Never Mind . I Have Nothing To Do With This School Or Style Anyway . Just Want To Say What I Know.17 July at 03:38 · Like · 3

Ben Shue
    Thank you Wah Chan, you confirm my suspicion.
    Like that you and I also can invent our own SLT LOL.

17 July at 03:58 · Like · 1

Wayne Yung http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php...

Hendrick and Company tgreads all here. - Page 33

Since, right now, this is the oldest and thus first page of...

kungfumagazine.com
    17 July at 10:32 · Like · 1

Stephen Choe
    I have talked to another choe hung choy's disciple ah chai who taught bc wc in Penang for sometimes. He told me that choe hung choy taught snt with gong bou and say peng ma with mixture of southern shaolin and choy li fut techniques inside. Hendrik Santo learned this version. Actually cho yin on taught cho hung choy the version which is with yee ji kim yeung ma and tighter hands. Then cho yin on brought choe hung choy back to China to marry a local girl there. When CHC was in China, he saw the big stance and much more Choy li fut and shaolin type of hands version of Choe family there. He liked this and he felt that this is more suitable for his big body size. Then he came back Penang and modified the original SNT that taught by his sifu choe yin on. That is why many of his students learned this version including Hendrik Santo. According to Ah Chai, CHC did pass down the original set of SNT which using small stance that he learned from cho yin on to some disciples in the late years.17 July at 21:06 · Edited · Like · 2

Stephen Choe
    Hendrik Santo only learned the modified SNT with say peng ma. The snt in his video is purely his own version.

17 July at 21:01 · Like · 2

Ben Shue
    That's what happen when you 'mou liew' and want to be relevant in the WC world.

Yesterday at 02:29 · Like · 1

Kinda like the Yang Luchan vehicle of transmission, if a practitioner shows publicly what was once private, it is introduced into the public domain. Happens all the time.

Yik Kam WC Style is already going global: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ITzslgFOY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian1000 View Post
    Wah Chan
    This Unfaithful Student Of Sifu Choe Hung Choy Has Changed His Sifu's Sil Lim Tao Form ! The Form Is Supposed To Be In Forward Stance ( Gung Bo) & Say Peng Ma ( Horse Stance). He Changed All The Techniques And Stances ! Oh My God ! And You Claim Yourself To Be The Internal Student Of Sifu Choe ! I Trained With Sifu Choe ( Choy Sook) In The 60's. That's Why I Know ! Come To Think Of It , You Should Call Me Si-Heng ! Never Mind . I Have Nothing To Do With This School Or Style Anyway . Just Want To Say What I Know.

Stephen Choe
    I have talked to another choe hung choy's disciple ah chai who taught bc wc in Penang for sometimes. He told me that choe hung choy taught snt with gong bou and say peng ma with mixture of southern shaolin and choy li fut techniques inside. Hendrik Santo learned this version. Actually cho yin on taught cho hung choy the version which is with yee ji kim yeung ma and tighter hands. Then cho yin on brought choe hung choy back to China to marry a local girl there. When CHC was in China, he saw the big stance and much more Choy li fut and shaolin type of hands version of Choe family there. He liked this and he felt that this is more suitable for his big body size. Then he came back Penang and modified the original SNT that taught by his sifu choe yin on. That is why many of his students learned this version including Hendrik Santo. According to Ah Chai, CHC did pass down the original set of SNT which using small stance that he learned from cho yin on to some disciples in the late years.

Stephen Choe
    Hendrik Santo only learned the modified SNT with say peng ma. The snt in his video is purely his own version.
    GM Cho hung Choi taught both a public and a private version of wing chun, the private version was reserved for the Cho Family blood line. Since Hendrik was treated like a son by GM Cho Hung Choi, he was fortunate to learn the private version reserved for the Cho Family blood line.

Hendrik or who ever doesn't matter.

whoever practice according to the Yik Kam SLT kuit and be able to attain it. Got the transmission. that simple. He got the transmission according to the Yik Kam SLT Kuit, and everything he attained can be traced back directly to the kuit.

What has passed to Hendrik is written in GM Cho hung Choy letters to Hendrik . Anyone knows better than GM Cho hung choy on Gm Cho hung choy transmission and what he taught Hendrik ?

Not to mention after thirty years from passing of Gm Cho hung choy , how much Hendrik has progress ?
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 07-20-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wah Chan was never an indoor student of GM Cho Hung Choi, therefore he only learnt the public version Form which is Supposed To Be In Forward Stance ( Gung Bo) & Say Peng Ma ( Horse Stance) with mixture of southern shaolin and choy li fut techniques inside. He has no grounds to speak about the inner door Yik Kam wck art that was reserved for the cho blood line.

Stephen Choe is a chu ka practioner and has no idea about Yik Kam's wck art.

It is now open to public. Anyone can go find out what Gm CHC says in his own hand writing. And go a head investigate and compare with GM CHC hand writing to see if this is Gm CHC hand writing. This is the letter he wrote to Hendrik in the early 80's
    Name:  Cho Hung Choi letter to Hendrik.jpg
Views: 1640
Size:  99.9 KB

This letter is from Hendrik's Simo after GM Cho hung choy passed away. See how Hendrik was viewed by Gm Cho hung choy close family.
    Name:  Hendrik's simo's letter.jpg
Views: 1504
Size:  96.3 KB

The question can be asked is,

what is the agenda behind post all the baseless speculation ? What do you guys get from doing this?
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 07-20-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    I post the following on behalf of Hendrik since he is no longer on this forum.

"Chan wah,

can you stop playing expert ?

The following first and second photos are the photo of siheng Ah Peng practice his SLT in early 1980s

Take a look is that say Peng ma? Compare with the third photo siheng Ah Peng practice a different set with Say Peng Ma.

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  105.0 KBName:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  106.8 KBName:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  106.2 KB

Please Make sure you know your stuffs before open your mouth to disgrace my sifu Cho hung choy.

You don't even know the exist of the YKSLT kuen kuit

Y1聚意會神平肩檔。
    Focus the intention, union with the awareness ,while standing the equal shoulder stance

Read it , it is equal shoulder stance.

Since you are distorted my sifu , I have obligation to correct you in public.

Talk is cheap. I have sifu Cho hung choy endosement on his art in writing. Do you have that?"
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 07-20-2015 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    I post the following on behalf of Hendrik since he is no longer on this forum.

"Chan wah,

can you stop playing expert ?

The following first and second photos are the photo of siheng Ah Peng practice his SLT in early 1980s

Take a look is that say Peng ma? Compare with the third photo siheng Ah Peng practice a different set with Say Peng Ma.

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  105.0 KBName:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  106.8 KBName:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  106.2 KB

Please Make sure you know your stuffs before open your mouth to disgrace my sifu Cho hung choy.

You don't even know the exist of the YKSLT kuen kuit

Y1聚意會神平肩檔。
    Focus the intention, union with the awareness ,while standing the equal shoulder stance

Read it , it is equal shoulder stance.

Since you are distorted my sifu , I have obligation to correct you in public.

Talk is cheap. I have sifu Cho hung choy endosement on his art in writing. Do you have that?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same old same old often repeated Hendrik stuff now reposted by Navin

Reply to Santo

The liar Hendrik Santo has answered after he read my post and comments in this group. He thought that he has the letters means he is **** close with the family. For those students that are in Penang, they did not need to send letter or receive letters from choe hung choy. This does not means that you have the letters means you are very close to the family. In fact you are very far away, that was why you need letter communications. My granduncle family treat you as son? Really? Then you are really unfaithful because you have never contacted your simo for so long. Today she phoned my grandmother to chat, I asked her whether she is very close to you and I need quite a lot of explaination for her to recall who are you. Really so close? Treat you as son? Ok, fine you said Wah Chan is not internal student. How about ah chai? Anything not true about his comment? Yes, the ah peng photo shows small stance. Then what does that related to you? I let ah chai to watch your snt video, he said this is not the small stance snt version that taught by choe hung choy. The picture does not show the full forms which is same as yours. And it does not show that you know the small stance snt. Even you have learned it, this does not prove that the your yik kam snt is the same as taught by your sifu. Your siheng ah chai said this. You dont tell me ah chai is not internal student. Yes, you said you have approval letter to teach. I assume you are approved to teach the kungfu that you had learned from choe hung choy. Your Yik kam snt now is different from choe hung choy teaching . So just keep your letter until you really teach the kungfu taught by choe hung choy to you. Yes, i learned chu ka. Do you want to learn from me? Anything related to this history? I do not need to be very expert in bc wc or directly learned from my granduncle to bring out the history to everyone because your background can be identified easily in Penang because your sihengs and my grand aunt, aunts and uncle are still here. Treat you as son? Really?Then where have you been all these years? How many years that you have not come back to visit your so call "mother and family" in Penang. I have asked ah cheong (choe hung choy son) about you. He said you are bull****ting about your yik kam snt. He said this is not the wing chun taught by his father. His own son also said this. You want to say that he only taught to you but not his own son? He said that you just learn some surface level wc from his father. Chinese people say "food can simply eat but dont simply talk". Hendrik Santo, dont always show off the japanese food cooking certificate in order for you to have qualification in thai food. It is not related. Keep it in your drawer. I have one recommendation for you. Please come back to Penang and gather all your sihengs then show them your wc. Then all the conflict will be solved. Do you dare to do this?

His student Kungfufighter mentioned in the kungfumagazine (the link below) that Hendrik Santo had made a great progress in kungfu after choe hung choy had passed away for 30 years. Frankly speaking, I do not see any great progress in him.

Please copy and paste this message to Hendrik Santo.

From same FB group.

Carlos Kennerley
    When I went to China this year I asked Cho Dak Sing grandson and blood line inheritor if our WC as passed down from Yik Gam is from Ermei he decisively said NO it is from Siu Lam. This is the same as all the others in SEA including Cho Yin On's remaining student's.

14 July at 22:37 · Edited · Like · 1

Stephen Choe
    None of the diciples of choe hung choy mentioned that wc has relation with ermei. It is from shaolin

14 July at 22:42 · Like · 1

Guys,

I am closing this thread as it seems to be pushing a specific agenda.
    Also, since Hendrick does not post here it seems pointless to keep the fire going so to speak.

If similar threads are started with the purpose of promoting discord then they will simply be deleted without notice.

Feel free to email me directly should you wish to discuss this further.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space