Has anyone studied CMA in both China and the home country?
What were some noticeable differences in your training?
Was there much of an improvement to justify traveling all the way to China to study CMA or did you find it to be in the end unnecessary because you realized you could have accomplished the same thing in your home country?
Sometimes I wonder if we romanticize training in China a bit.
I've studied a few TCMA styles and modern Wushu in both the US and in Mainland China and I came to the conclusion that mainland China really doesn't have that much more to offer in your CMA training than the US.
Do you really need to travel to Shaolin Temple to train under a Shaolin monk? There are Shaolin monks who have set up shop all over the world, why can't you stay closer to home to study under them? Obviously, you have to be able separate the fake Shaolin monks from the real ones.
Did you do it because you were hoping to study under a real Chinese Sifu? If so, why does matter if your CMA instructor in your home country isn't Chinese?
I'm just curious to know if anyone found it beneficial and justifiable to travel to China to study CMA as oppose to staying in their home country to study.