Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife and I doing Shaolin Kung Fu applications

My wife and I doing Shaolin Kung Fu applications

My wife and I doing Shaolin Kung Fu applications https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBg-PlMv72w

Blog Entries
    I like your "抹脖踢 (Ma Bo Ti) - neck wiping kick". I will suggest to add one more move after that. If your wife lifts her right leg and escape out of your "foot sweep", you can push her throat back and inner hook her left leg forward while it has 100% weight on it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-18-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

lol looks pointless
    I guess we are who we are

thanks John, do you have a clip of that throw you mention? I think I know what you are talking about but not 100% sure

why would anyone spend their time on a kung fu message board and say practicing the applications of their style is useless. only one reason they are a hater. either that or they just don’t understand kung fu. Either way they get sent to the loser list. bye bye

1. Pete
    This message is hidden because Pete is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-19-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Don't mind Pop-up Pete. He's just a bit green around the gills. On a more positive note, I would suggest that you not have your wife doing any more rolls off the cement and practice for a good while on a heavily padded mat to synchronize the geometry in her mind of the circular/wheel configuration that will keep her from ruining her spine. Down the road you will probably not practice rolling off cement but will be able to do so if necessary. Better to have everything intact for the duration. Stopped practicing leaping rolls off cement myself after I was around 48 or so.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 07-19-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Don't mind Pop-up Pete. He's just a bit green around the gills. On a more positive note, I would suggest that you not have your wife doing any more rolls off the cement and practice for a good while on a heavily padded mat to synchronize the geometry in her mind of the circular/wheel configuration that will keep her from ruining her spine. Down the road you will probably not practice rolling off cement but will be able to do so if necessary. Better to have everything intact for the duration. Stopped practicing leaping rolls off cement myself after I was around 48 or so.
    yeah i am 44 myself so i hear you bro. yes she needs work on her rolls, and yes you are right she needs to practice more on a softer surface, we disused this the day after as she was sore all over. but there is one hidden motive to having her train this day on the concrete covered by a thin mat. you know there is very little violent crimes where we live, and coming from a country with the highest rate of serial killers in the world I really worry about her sometimes if we ever decide to move to the states together, as she is tiny [although tough] I want to shock her a little to show her that fighting /self defense can be serious. but the next time we train it will be on thick grass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    do you have a clip of that throw you mention?
    The "foot sweep" is not shown in the following clip. The "wheeling step - step in left leg, step back right leg, and spin your body" is used instead.

- You spin and pull your opponent forward.
    - The moment that you feel she resists, the moment that you borrow her resistance force, hook her left forward stepping leg, and throw her backward.

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-19-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    she needs work on her rolls,...
    If you have destroyed her balance, the rest is just the gravity. IMO, there is no need to finish your throw every time. 1 in every 5 throws should be enough. This way, your wife can safe more energy to train more.

Also if she has left leg forward, you can sweep her left forward leg too. The "抹脖踢 (Ma Bo Ti) - neck wiping kick" is shown in the following clip at 0.24.

Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-19-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    This one is used in competition.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjExNjgyNTg4.html

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you have destroyed her balance, the rest is just the gravity. IMO, there is no need to finish your throw every time. 1 in every 5 throws should be enough. This way, your wife can safe more energy to train more.

I did that on purpose to create a drill where we attack and defend Continuously , also practice the rolls. Yes I am well aware that her rolls need work. She had done better with them in the past and we haven’t practiced them often. Also as I was told in my ninjutsu training[I learned rolls from many style] rolling creates a kind of iron body conditioning. But yes yes yes I am fully aware she needs work on her rolls,and so is she

yes these throws in the video i am familiar with
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-19-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This one is used in competition.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjExNjgyNTg4.html

Yeah that was sweet, pretty much the same throw but grabbing the jacket. You know I have trained in zhong guo shuai jiao for about 5 years but in the Beijing style I learned I don’t remember seeing this throw ,I learned this particular throw from shoalin and other styles of kung fu. O and by the way im not that good at shuai jiao, not that my technique is bad, just not the aggressive, powerful, explosive type

Thumbs up

You posted a vid and I just gave my opinion the reason I don't post any videos of me is because I already know I'm ****, not like alot of people here

Just looks like you're wasting your time training applications like that... unless you're lucky enough to meet someone who will stand there and wait for you to do each action

I know you already blocked me but hopefully I explained why I was a **** to the other members
    I guess we are who we are

This message is hidden because Pete is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

"how do you kill that which has no life"
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 07-20-2015 at 11:20 AM.

this guy gonna give birth to the next elliot rodger

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC