Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife and I doing Shaolin Kung Fu applications

a little hater powwow cool

This message is hidden because bawang is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

"how do you kill that which has no life"

I'm not sure you realize how fast a jab/cross combo will come for real. Your circular blocks are huge superfluous movements that make you drop your hands to your waist level too, and they are crossing yourself by going to the inside both times. You will not have time to do that between a jab/cross combo and will likely get caught by the second punch.

Even if you were able to pull them off, the opponent's arms aren't just going to die once you touch them. Circling the first hand down and forgetting about it leaves your head wide open for a sharp left hook before you get a chance to do that other stuff. Check out how fast some boxers' jab/cross/hook combos are. There's no way anyone would pull this whole sequence off on someone trying to hit them. And we're not even talking about mobility issues yet.

This message is hidden because LFJ is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

"how kill that which has no life"

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I'm not sure you realize how fast a jab/cross combo will come for real. Your circular blocks are huge superfluous movements that make you drop your hands to your waist level too, and they are crossing yourself by going to the inside both times. You will not have time to do that between a jab/cross combo and will likely get caught by the second punch.

Even if you were able to pull them off, the opponent's arms aren't just going to die once you touch them. Circling the first hand down and forgetting about it leaves your head wide open for a sharp left hook before you get a chance to do that other stuff. Check out how fast some boxers' jab/cross/hook combos are. There's no way anyone would pull this whole sequence off on someone trying to hit them. And we're not even talking about mobility issues yet.
    Yes, but training with your wife isn't about preparing for a boxing match. It's more of a fun thing to do together so keep it gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    Yes, but training with your wife isn't about preparing for a boxing match. It's more of a fun thing to do together so keep it gentle.
    You can keep it gentle while still considering practicality.

Shaolin techniques work great problem is these Johnny come lately watered down MMA wannabes don’t know the difference between ring and street fighting. they dismiss their style for whatever is presently popular. I have done grappling tournaments and trained in thai boxing and used my stuff in many street fights. their argument can go in circles forever, better to just ignore them
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 08-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.