Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Excellent ving tsun under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    The attacker in this case is not equal to the job. The rules are body shots and head palms.
    According to you he is a Xingyi master. If he's not a worthy opponent, then the clip is no great demonstration of anything. If Jerry is as skilled as you claim, surely he could have got in a decent body shot?

Where is the clip of you training with full contact head shots?
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-11-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Yeah, bare knuckle full contact head shots.

He says there's "a lot of blood". Sounds super hardcore. Let's see it.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

Lots of blood might be hardcore, but ... no one is so hardcore they can ignore the risk of AIDS or Hepatitis B.

Presumably everyone has had Hep B vaccinations? It's not expensive - three courses and you are covered for 20+ years. Hep B more infectious than HIV and lasts much longer outside the body. I'd recommend it for everyone who does contact sports ... or martial arts, fighting, whatever you call it. No good reason not to IMO.

What is a few broken teeth?
    Bad news for your bank balance and job prospects. And while chicks allegedly dig scars (not exactly a given), I've not met many who go weak at the knees at the sight of a missing tooth.

In the words of John MacEnroe .... you cannot be serious.

I was missing a front tooth for a while, and I got real strange looks from the girls at work, most of the guys too. They thought I was a psycho or regularly binge drinking and getting into bar fights. I had to have orthodontic braces for six months in an attempt to stretch the gap enough for an implant, which is no fun at all ... and after that, the dentist decided it hadn't worked well enough and gave me a bridge anyway. Probably over 7000 AUD all up with both dental and orthodontic fees. Not to mention the 24/7 static I got from my wife.

I spent about $18000 for two implants. They work really well, but this was real cutting edge tech at the time. They even had a rep from the implant manufacturer come out from Italy to watch my dental surgeon do it.

I could have gone to Thailand or a few other places in Asia to get it done cheaper, admittedly.

You can't spar hard while all this is going on, especially taking full power bareknuckle punches in the mouth.

Presumably you're not paying these fees because you're filing your broken teeth down with an angle grinder or pulling them out with pliers. And your SO and other people you have to deal with on a daily basis know their place. H3ll, your full contact training without protection will have made you tough enough.

If you think "realistic training" is worth a few teeth, I have to question your sanity.

This presumes you are actually training the way you claim, which I would imagine fewer and fewer readers believe as this thread progresses.

C'mon, son. Stop this madness.
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-12-2015 at 12:00 AM. Reason: to show I'm not punch drunk from too many bareknuckle blows to the head
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Yes, guy b, you really do sound hard-core.
    Would be a pleasure to see the clip you produced. Could you post a link to it, please?

According to you he is a Xingyi master. If he's not a worthy opponent, then the clip is no great demonstration of anything. If Jerry is as skilled as you claim, surely he could have got in a decent body shot?

He is a Xingyi master. Jerry is better than him and this is why Jerry does not get hit much.

Lots of blood might be hardcore, but ... no one is so hardcore they can ignore the risk of AIDS or Hepatitis B.

Presumably everyone has had Hep B vaccinations? It's not expensive - three courses and you are covered for 20+ years. Hep B more infectious than HIV and lasts much longer outside the body. I'd recommend it for everyone who does contact sports ... or martial arts, fighting, whatever you call it. No good reason not to IMO.
    Nobody I train with has HIV or Hep B. The same concerns apply to any contact sport, especially grappling.

Bad news for your bank balance and job prospects. And while chicks allegedly dig scars (not exactly a given), I've not met many who go weak at the knees at the sight of a missing tooth.

In the words of John MacEnroe .... you cannot be serious.
    Blunt force knocks out teeth, not bareness of knuckles. Gum shields are also compatible with bare handed training.

The main difference between gloved and non-gloved training is hand cuts and injuries. Not training bare handed is not training fighting- it is training ring sport.

Nobody has posted anything in response to my initial post. When better wing chun gets posted then I will think about posting something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Yes, guy b, you really do sound hard-core.
    Would be a pleasure to see the clip you produced. Could you post a link to it, please?
    There is nothing hard core about sensible traditional training.

I'm just surprised you are not doing it. Very interesting. What else don't you do?

Oh I see, im basically saying the same thing to you as Ronin, Andrew, Sean LFJ and well everyone on this thread but im trolling and they aren’t lol
    Insult away basement dweller I’m the only one who has actually posted themselves doing anything all you can post is well a slap vest which you think is actually good training of someone other than you

Hell even the other wing chunners on this thread are telling you it not a great clip and its not good training unless you also gloved up and hit each other, so either they are trolling alongside me or gasp you have no idea about training and are an internet tough guy

Now let me see which the most likely scenario is likely to be:
    A) we are all trolling you,
    B) no one else other than you understands the real chun and how to really train for fighting, or…well
    C) you are seriously deluded and are doing a very good impersonation of an ostrich with its head in the sand
    I know where my money is
    And the more and more you post the more you remind me of that humble wingchun guy who used to post, right down to the insults and claims of stand up fighting prowess , have you trolled these forums before? come on tell us we don’t mind 

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Oh I see, im basically saying the same thing to you as Ronin, Andrew, Sean LFJ and well everyone on this thread but im trolling
    People who have no experience do not deserve respect or consideration paid to their comments. It is just empty air. This is what makes you a troll.

Insult away basement dweller I’m the only one who has actually posted themselves doing anything all you can post is well a slap vest which you think is actually good training of someone other than you
    Clips of me have featured on this forum before. I can't say I have seen any clips of you.

the other wing chunners on this thread are telling you it not a great clip and its not good training unless you also gloved up and hit each other
    Did WSL train well and was he good? Was Yip Man good?

If you think they were not good then why on earth are you on a wing chun forum?

If they were good then how did they get that way without gloved training?

Nobody has posted anything in response to my initial post. When better wing chun gets posted then I will think about posting something else.
    They have, but "better wing chun" is apparently quite subjective.

I think I know how it is that you do all this full contact bare knuckle training... you're an expert at dodging!

They have, but "better wing chun" is apparently quite subjective.
    Low level san shou and UFC 3 are better wing chun than my initial clip? Lol. Each to their own I suppose.

I think I know how it is that you do all this full contact bare knuckle training... you're an expert at dodging!
    Movement is essential in any bare handed training

People who have no experience do not deserve respect or consideration paid to their comments. It is just empty air. This is what makes you a troll.

Clips of me have featured on this forum before. I can't say I have seen any clips of you.

Did WSL train well and was he good? Was Yip Man good?

If you think they were not good then why on earth are you on a wing chun forum?

If they were good then how did they get that way without gloved training?
    WSL that well known former boxer, never did gloved up sparring...okkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    WSL that well known former boxer, never did gloved up sparring...okkkkkk
    WSL didn't train gloved sparring.

Was he good? How did he get that way?

I'm curious guy what do you think of this as nobody seems to be posting videos including you.

http://youtu.be/eGq16earzl8