Does the book cover all lineages?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hey, Sifu Redmond! There is mention of the other branches but by name only those that have gained enough popularity in China to have gained some status over there or some distinction like Kulo Wing Chun. Tan Sau Ng's teacher who was a monk is mentioned, Weng Chun and Jee Shin, otherwise the focus of the book is the mainstream development over the years.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-17-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Our latest ezine offering

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That was so kind of Kung Fu Tea...

...so kind that I just gotta post it here.

Introduction

I try to stick to a Monday/Friday posting schedule, but every once in a while something comes up and I have to break from routine. This week the surprise is a very pleasant one. Earlier in the summer my co-author, Jon Nielson, and I had the pleasure of discussing our recent book and the current state of martial arts studies with Gene Ching. As many of you already know, Gene is the Editor of Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine, one of our favorite publications. He has also been very proactive in bringing some of the more important authors in Chinese martial studies (scholars like Meir Shahar and Peter Lorge) to the attention of his readership. Yesterday I got a follow-up email letting me know that the first part of our interview had gone live on the Kung Fu Tai Chi webpage. You can see the original here.

We have had the chance to do a couple of interviews following the release of our book, but this one was by far the most detailed and thoughtful. We really appreciated the fact that Gene engaged directly with the substance of what we were trying to accomplish. The entire interview ended up being long enough that they decided to split it into two parts. I have re-blogged the first section of the discussion here, and readers can watch Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine for the second half, which is due to be released soon. Also be sure to watch for an upcoming interview with Paul Bowman in the same space. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the heads up on this, PS.

Part 2 will probably be posted within the first two weeks of November.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Part 2 is now available

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene,

Thanks for the links. I'm sure eventually I'll have to pick up a copy whenever either a) I can afford $80 for a book or $60 for an online book or b) it comes down in price.