Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shifting the stance vs Turning the Waist

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I was not at all implying that. I was using "you" in the general sense of "one"... Except when you posted a picture apparently to refute that taan-da was not a part of WSL's approach to VT fighting.
    Name:  wong-shun-leung-4.gif
Views: 267
Size:  46.3 KB
    I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

With a finger jab to the throat too? Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    ...Although I've never referred to myself as anything other than a student I am well trained formally in VT including direct instruction from sigong WSL.(1995) and Tsui Sheung Tin sigong (1998). I'm a permanent lifetime member of the VTAA.(Christmas day 1998) .I worked for over four years for GM Leung Tings sister at Kuen way martial art Supply having wonderfull opertunities for inside info on the Kung Fu scene and continue to train with all kinds of fighters always enjoying meeting new challenges...
    Happy, it's rare to encounter someone with direct experience with the heads of several main branches of Yip Man Wing Chun. Most of us are more narrow in our focus and experience. It's perspectives like yours that keep me coming back to this forum. Lately I've been spending more time over on MartialTAlk. You should weigh in over there too. Certainly, LFJ does. Nice to have another point of view.
    Last edited by Grumblegeezer; 09-04-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Happy, it's rare to encounter someone with direct experience with the heads of several main branches of Yip Man Wing Chun. Most of us are more narrow in our focus and experience. It's perspectives like yours that keep me coming back to this forum. Lately I've been spending more time over on MartialTAlk. You should weigh in over there too. Certainly, LFJ does. Nice to have another point of view.
    Thanks Geezer! I will definitely check it out.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.