Size:  25.0 KB
    Name:  DSC00009.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  25.0 KB
    Tan Da
    Name:  DSC00011.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  27.4 KB
    The mechanics of this center body turning are sound. Nice,no leaks.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Float, Sink, Swallow, Spit

I think I might start a thread on the traditional concept of Float, Sink, Swallow and Spit. This concept on energy exchange is at the center of side shifting, IMHO. All I can tell you at this point is, when the feel is right, this gate opens and the choice works...for me...

I'm not really getting the gist of this thread.

WSL turns differently to LT. Ok.

Which method are you advocating and which are you saying is crap? Or are both crap and you have something different?

Movement is movement in my book. I've been trained in the "50/50" shift; the "70/30" shift; heels only; ball of foot only, etc etc blah blah... it's all movement to me. It's a tool in the toolbox. Nobody is that precise anyway. And besides, WC is an idea... which grows from there.
    On another note: much of this conversation depends on the reference point between the WC practitioner vs the opponent.
    Carry on Lads!

Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    Movement is movement in my book. I've been trained in the "50/50" shift; the "70/30" shift; heels only; ball of foot only, etc etc blah blah... it's all movement to me. It's a tool in the toolbox. Nobody is that precise anyway. And besides, WC is an idea... which grows from there.
    On another note: much of this conversation depends on the reference point between the WC practitioner vs the opponent.
    Carry on Lads!
    Well there you go, then

Carry on Lads!
    That's why I do bare knuckle from time to time...the etc.etc. bla, bla, bla part

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I'm not really getting the gist of this thread.

WSL turns differently to LT. Ok.

Which method are you advocating and which are you saying is crap? Or are both crap and you have something different?
    I know, right? It's really hard to describe this idea clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    That's why I do bare knuckle from time to time...the etc.etc. bla, bla, bla part

BTW, I like the old school wooden bench your standing on haha

BTW, I like the old school wooden bench your standing on haha
    Great for demos!

Sigong Wong Shun Leung demoing center body turning

Tan Da

The mechanics of this center body turning are sound. Nice,no leaks.
    WSL deliberately put mistakes in that production because people shouldn't be learning off videos. In particular, the footwork is wrong and there is no taan-da in the fighting system he taught. That's turning toward the attack and using two hands to defend against one. Fundamental errors/ bad habits.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    WSL deliberately put mistakes in that production because people shouldn't be learning off videos. In particular, the footwork is wrong and there is no taan-da in the fighting system he taught. That's turning toward the attack and using two hands to defend against one. Fundamental errors/ bad habits.
    Name:  WSL web.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  63.2 KB
    I don't know about that

If you prefer to learn from pictures and videos, that's up to you.

If you prefer to learn from pictures and videos, that's up to you.
    I am from WSL house. My sifu is Li Man Kit. I use pics. for reference only.
    Additionally, the point being made is not the who uses what but the structure of the tools and mechanics relevant to shifting vs. turning.
    This idea that our sigong was some how deceptive goes against everything I know about him

I am from WSL house. My sifu is Li Man Kit. I use pics. for reference only.
    Additionally, the point being made is not the who uses what but the structure of the tools and mechanics relevant to shifting vs. turning.
    This idea that our sigong was some how deceptive goes against everything I know about him
    It's the common practice in Chinese MA to "mark" materials provided for public consumption. That way we can clearly see who is a legit student of a given teacher, and who learned from videos, or only attended basic public seminars. You'll find this in any style throughout China. In many cases, if a teacher were to give out full information to the public they'd be given heat from their peers. When materials are "marked", only legit students will be able to recognize where.

It's the common practice in Chinese MA to "mark" materials provided for public consumption. That way we can clearly see who is a legit student of a given teacher, and who learned from videos, or only attended basic public seminars. You'll find this in any style throughout China. In many cases, if a teacher were to give out full information to the public they'd be given heat from their peers. When materials are "marked", only legit students will be able to recognize where.
    This doesn't fall into that category. I am legit. I am aware of the controversy re: this production. If you believe it, so be it.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 09-01-2015 at 11:07 PM.