Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Start stop in wing chun

Hey Glenn you noticed this too, reminds me of a number of guys that have come and gone over the years, remember humblewinghcun and his full contact record we never saw? The good old days of the real hard core wing chuns guys hey, I miss them 

Its amazing I point out how wrong he is and I’m just a troll, you do the same and you are a hater, wing chun people point it out and they are just plain wrong, you would think if no one agrees with you, not the trolls, not the guys training in fighting gyms or not people with decades of actual wing chun training, some in the same linage as you, you would start to wonder if everyone hated you, or if you were just maybe, gasp, wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Hate? Hardly.
    I just think you are full of crap.

Another "we're the real deal" drama queen.
    I'm not the real deal. I am just a wing chun guy. I have trained in other things.

Are you the real deal?

Funny to see the mma contingent attacking a wing chun guy critiquing wing chun.

Seemed like it was all the rage for you guys to attack graham h and kev a while back. I suppose bullies protect their quarry from external threats?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Its amazing I point out how wrong he is and I’m just a troll, you do the same and you are a hater!
    You point out how 'wrong' I am and it is meaningless, because you do not train wing chun. Why are you on a wing chun forum?

Glenn points out how 'wrong' I am and it is the same old. He hates wing chun and he hates anyone messing with those he likes to mess with.

I am more concerned with the poor reception I am getting among wing chun practitioners. That is what matters to me.

PBVT is generally good, but some of it is better than other of it. Inability to talk about problems is a sign of religious or cult mentality, not healthy. Kurth's clips have some problems. No big deal. Of course Kurth will not acknowledge this, but if some of his students at least think about trying continuous movement at limited intensity then I will have achieved something good. The betterment of wing chun is all I want.

Oh, thanks for your critics. So I aplogize now formally that I have not produced exactly what you wanted to see. My fault.
    LOL.
    Ofc we could discuss this and that and another thing, so on etc..pp.
    Actually in talking everyone can say everything and nobody ever can verify if someone and something is right or wrong.
    Face to face things often are a bit different.
    I am not saying I am the top of the VT-world or the top figter. Anyway I've spend some time and energy with that stuff and I think I know how I can make it work.
    Nevertheless everyone has to find his or her own way, as I said before.
    So good luck on your way.

@guy b.

What is your VT lineage anyway? Is Jerry your sifu? Or are you self-taught?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    @guy b.

What is your VT lineage anyway? Is Jerry your sifu? Or are you self-taught?
    I did learn from Jerry. I am currently in the UK and train VT there with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Kurth View Post
    Face to face things often are a bit different.
    Forums are for talking.

Face to face things might be different or might not. Not relevant to the general argument really.

Yep, that's right: 'might or might not'. So many things that we do not know because we can not see the whole picture. That's why somehow all these Forums are useless. For me I try not to care about what others do, I prefer to refer to what I can do to improve and do so. Trying to cutting the other ones line? What for.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Kurth View Post
    Yep, that's right: 'might or might not'. So many things that we do not know because we can not see the whole picture. That's why somehow all these Forums are useless. For me I try not to care about what others do, I prefer to refer to what I can do to improve and do so. Trying to cutting the other ones line? What for.
    Up to you really. Forums can be useful for precisely the reason that nobody would say that kind of thing to someone they know/a friend/a teacher, even when they think it, for fear of causing offence. On a forum you can talk with like minded people about anything without social conventions. In this way you can get to truth quite quickly on forums in a way you cannot in real life.

You are correct that you cannot show on a forum. This is the main weakness of forums. But it doesn't invalidate logical arguments.

It is also true that you cannot fight on a forum. But what does a single fight show apart from one person beating another in combat? A single data point does not invalidate an argument. Many fighters would beat their coaches in a physical fight. It doesn't prove much apart from the fact that people get old. What does it show about knowledge? Nothing.

The main problem with wing chun as I have experienced it is that there are so few data points. Talking can only help this sad state of affairs. Just don't take it personally- it is merely voices in space saying things they wouldn't say in life.

I have never met a good fighter that incorporated frozen opponents
    How about Batman?

Name:  Freezearnold.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  33.0 KB
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Seemed like it was all the rage for you guys to attack graham h and kev a while back. I suppose bullies protect their quarry from external threats?
    Graham and Kev attacked everyone else. What did they (and you) expect?

Who's getting bullied? C'mon, you're loving it.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

In this way you can get to truth quite quickly on forums in a way you cannot in real life.
    Not in my experience!

Name:  McEnroe.JPG
Views: 285
Size:  19.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I'm not the real deal. I am just a wing chun guy. I have trained in other things.

Are you the real deal?

Funny to see the mma contingent attacking a wing chun guy critiquing wing chun.

And i was a WC guy and i now train other things..... So that would make us both part of the *shock horror* mma contingent!!!!! (the audience looks away in disgust)

Honestly, you are acting like a hyper-sensitive child..... suck it up princess and acknowledge the facts;
    - Jerrys sparring clip was crap
    - You DONT do "hard core" gloveless no-holds barred sparring

Move on, you're embarrassing yourself

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I did learn from Jerry. I am currently in the UK and train VT there with someone else.
    Then your ability to run backwards must be at Olympic level