Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bare knuckle

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    It is based on personal experience and the experience of others I train with.

I spar without gloves at full contact as often as I can manage, which is about once per fortnight at the moment. I have done more and I have done less. Obviously I train reduced intensity much more frequently.
    So what you're saying is, you get into actual bare-knuckle all-out fist fights with your training partners every 'fortnight'. Heh, ok.

Then I'll repeat (Since you somehow missed a good portion of my post in your reply)
    "If want people to 'see reason', and if you are sparring regularly without gloves as you imply (and apparently at full contact), it would only be reasonable to ask you to film your next training session and show what you mean vs. posting up clips or others and trying to go off of what everyone else does.... shouldn't be too difficult or unreasonable for you

Otherwise you're not really saying much imo"
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    So what you're saying is, you get into actual bare-knuckle all-out fist fights with your training partners every 'fortnight'.
    Yes of course. What is difficult to understand about this fact?

Then I'll repeat it would only be reasonable to ask you to film your next training session
    Why?

Any videos, website, or further information from your club, guy?

Fist fighting in northern B.C.

The last time I got involved with bare knuckle fighting was up north BC(2012). It is not uncommon to test mettle and solve small disputes with honest fist fighting that rarely goes too far. In fact,more than a couple of buds carry a mouth guard at all times for just such occasions. It can be invigorating even at my age, and I can't get any uglier. I'm not really talking about bar fights either. That's how they roll in northern Canada.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 08-25-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

the quote Jimbo was responding to was this:

His answer (and your defense of it) are non sequiurs in relation to the question.

Contact level is full contact. Ok. How does this relate to the question of who suggested daily training bare knuckle face shots? It doesn't. In any way. There is zero mention of frequency of that intensity of training.
    First off, it was not "non-sequitur" because you were asked a direct question by LFJ:
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Let's see your bare handed training then. I'm interested in how hard you're getting punched in the face with bare knuckles.

To which you replied directly:

Full contact
    So.

But what we are finally getting to is this:
    You occasionally ( fortnight by your own words) train bare knuckle sparring that may or may not include face shots.

Is this accurate?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

fooking pikies.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You fortnightly train bare knuckle sparring that may or may not include face shots
    I fortnightly train bare knuckle including face shots. I train reduced contact bare knuckle much more frequently. I rarely train with gloves any more because it is detrimental.

Fist fighting

I don't think my body could handle regular NHB contact. What has worked for me is getting involving periodically, when I'm in best health, disposition, no injuries etc, willing to put in the hard attribute traning necessary to come out reasonably safe.. Plus had the time to fully internalize what Iessons learned from the last time. Usually these periods are between 5 and ten years apart.Fortune provides opportunities when the time is right. I often work in security, so occasionally (rarely) physical combat is required but VT is not really part of that tool box much.Except for reference and elbow control. Can't go ' chuning people in the mall.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 08-30-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    I don't think my body could handle regular NHB contact
    Training without gloves needn't be no rules. On the contrary it is usually very structured.

Reagrding your body, gloved sparring is generally harder on the body than non-gloved, apart from cuts

Training without gloves needn't be no rules. On the contrary it is usually very structured.

Reagrding your body, gloved sparring is generally harder on the body than non-gloved, apart from cuts
    You are absolutely right Guy.During the hard road to full NHB if you don't 'salt your chin', you won't show your best when it counts.

Yes of course. What is difficult to understand about this fact?
    Ok, let me ask, where do you train and who is it that you are getting into fights with on a bi-weekly basis?

Why?
    Either you are really stupid or you really are just a troll - I posted the reason for asking about video twice now when I asked, I'm not going to repeat myself again.
    Funny, you cherry picked my post when quoting me and didn't include any of that part that's answers your stupid 'why' question. So it's pretty clear at this point that you're just being an a55 and playing games to avoid simply answering the question or having to actually prove anything you're going on about..
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Ok, let me ask, where do you train and who is it that you are getting into fights with on a bi-weekly basis?
    I train in the UK with some like minded people.

Either you are really stupid or you really are just a troll - I posted the reason for asking about video twice now when I asked, I'm not going to repeat myself again.
    Funny, you cherry picked my post when quoting me and didn't include any of that part that's answers your stupid 'why' question. So it's pretty clear at this point that you're just being an a55 and playing games to avoid simply answering the question or having to actually prove anything you're going on about..
    I'm not aware of many other people who have posted videos of their real training on here. Mostly at best there is some form, some drill, some chi sau. Or there is nothing. I have good reason not to post further images of myself here.

It is a discussion forum, learn to live with it.

Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence.
    umm he wont tell us his name, he wont post any details, and the only teacher he has claimed to be linked with has actually taken the time to say this is uncorrect via another student of his, does anyone really think we are going to get anything concrete from this troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    umm he wont tell us his name, he wont post any details, and the only teacher he has claimed to be linked with has actually taken the time to say this is uncorrect via another student of his, does anyone really think we are going to get anything concrete from this troll?
    Jerry and Mark aren't sure who I am but I have definately trained with them. They would like to dissociate themselves from my postings on this forum for reasons that are obvious. That's ok, I don't train with them now and don't claim to represent them.