Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bare knuckle

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence.
    You are welcome to believe whatever you like. We aren't proposing a scientific hypothesis or arguing in a court of law here.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Jerry and Mark aren't sure who I am but I have definately trained with them. They would like to dissociate themselves from my postings on this forum for reasons that are obvious.
    Reasons that are becoming obvious to everyone.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

You are welcome to believe whatever you like. We aren't proposing a scientific hypothesis or arguing in a court of law here.
    Actually I have no issues in believing that you do occasional full contact bare knuckle fighting, lots of people do.
    I just find it hard to believe that IF you do this that you still believe it is the best way to train, that hold back hitting to the head and face with a bareknuckle closed fist is better than hitting full force to the fact with protective gear.
    Your point about conditioned hands is not relevant because you don't have to fight bare knuckle to condition the hands, that is what conditioning and forging exercises are for.
    I agree that some form of bare knuckle full contact fighting is crucial in TESTING your MA but do NOT agree that it is a good way to train.
    The empirical evidence ( early days of the UFC, Vale Tudo and so forth) are on my side by the way.
    The most efficient and effective method of training is full contact protected sparring combined full contact protected fighting with the occasional full contact bare knuckle testing.
    I would add to that, of course, weapons conditioning (limbs, hands and feet).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It sure is nice to be young and strong. I miss it.

Are you still going on about your "bare knuckle skilz"???

No one believes you...........

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Are you still going on about your "bare knuckle skilz"???

No one believes you
    Both irrelevant and factually incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin
    I have no issues in believing that you do occasional full contact bare knuckle fighting, lots of people do.