Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! WC fighter got knocked out!

OMG! WC fighter got knocked out!

Hahaha! Tiiimberrr!

Keep your hands away from kicks!

But to his credit, he got up quick. He was not knocked out, just knocked down.

I didn't see a knockout. He might have got an eight count for the knockdown in another arena.

Obviously, his exclusive training with gloves led to his downfall.
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-30-2015 at 01:25 AM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Obviously, his exclusive training with gloves led to his downfall.
    I think it's just that he's not very good

Moving back was his down fall, especially in a straight line

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    Moving back was his down fall, especially in a straight line
    I wonder how many WC guys actually practice that pivot footwork you guys have? I don't mean just the set . Maybe start by having a guy palm your chest and start pushing you backwards and build from there ?

Also, from everything I have seen workable wing chun don't back up. So he should be the aggressor going down the middle, regardless if the middle is the guys side or back. Some one should send him links to the WC fight vids I posted.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 09-12-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Wong Shun Leung pivot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--wgG_TsHIQ

I am not even going to pretend I know anything about WC beyond what I can see related to my experiences. But that's the move. He is obviously showing the basics. Okay, you may not be able to hold ground. so you may have to step to the side to get of the line to make that pivot work against a rush attack. Step- pivot. Id say stepping forward is best but you may not have time.

Again, barring all that fancy crap. You do the crashing in and own the middle. Make him defensive. Back peddling sucks unless you are Ali. You get nothing on your shots and you are so easily over run and cant get your feet under you if that happens. Then BOOM and you go down.

Jesse Glover- pivoting opponent

Okay, instead of Jesse pivoting he pivots his opponent. Same difference. You end up in similar position to your opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C1l...ature=youtu.be

Greetings,

I saw ABC, Attack By Combination.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    [url]
    Okay, you may not be able to hold ground. so you may have to step to the side to get of the line to make that pivot work against a rush attack. Step- pivot. Id say stepping forward is best but you may not have time.
    When analyzing the video this is exactly what I was thinking- step-pivot/ simultaneous hammer fist to face (imo this would have worked if the guy in white would have used it instead of retreating backwards). as you also said billy stepping back like he did is a bad move- the guy did not have to be totally overwhelmed the way he did. the guy in black actually reminded me of a classmate i used to spar with. sometimes he got me, other times i would side step and he would just miss me allowing me to slip in some taps his way or sometimes even a throw or a takedown (which is harder to do than to punch.)

Anyway I am sure if there were video clips available of me sparring there would be 1,000 things people could pick apart or say "i should have done this..." just sharing my 2 cents after watching the video.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I saw ABC, Attack By Combination.

mickey
    Exactly why the guy in the black shirt was so successful. the guy in the white was unable to defend/ disrupt/ destroy. guy in the black was the better fighter of the two!

it also looks like the guy in the white was putting too much emphasis on his "magical kung fu stance" so to speak instead of sticking/ moving around like most fighters- this seems to be a factor of why he got overwhelmed and kept retreating.

Blog Entries
    The guy in white was waiting. What was he waiting for? IMO, if you don't have the skill to stop an incoming attacker, you should not fight defensively.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-12-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Blog Entries
    The guy in black was a choy lee fut guy
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    The guy in black was a choy lee fut guy
    Hence a major advantage. CLF guys often train full contact.