Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dragon of a Thousand Tigers

The Dragon of a Thousand Tigers

I’d like to take a moment to explain one particular training stage known as the dragon of a thousand tigers.

I was blindfolded and left in a forest with nothing but the sound of the trees and the wind to keep me company. “He who masters the dragon, conquers the tiger”, the words of my teacher reverberated around my brain; what did it mean? What could my wise teacher be hinting at with these beautiful but cryptic words?

A day went past and I felt the summer sun beat down upon my brow. The birds sang and the trees looked on as I sat in meditation. “When will I face my inner dragon and conquer the tigers?” I wondered, but still no answer.

On the third day a storm passed over and the mood turned cold. Still I pondered the wisdom of my teacher, no closer to the answer. Suddenly a throwing knife appeared from nowhere. Still blindfolded I didn’t see it, but thankfully the vibrations in the air and the qi of the intent alerted my mind. OF COURSE! My dragon — meaning the calmness of my warrior mind — had finally been conquered.

I took the blindfold off to see ten renegades, former students of Jon Jitsu who had turned their back on the teachings and chosen the cowards’ path. “Peaceful on your way” I said ten times, and ten times they refused. Then I knew it was payback time…

One of them started chain punching while another drew a three-section-katana. Enough was a enough. I relied on the wisdom training of my teacher and employed some devilish trickery, moving like a shadow in the midnight sun. Having defeated nine of the renegades with old fashioned jitsu, I felt the leader deserved something stronger; poisonhood.

I crept up behind and and just when he noticed me I said, “I guess the tiger really is mightier than the sword”, winked at him and poured lotus poison into his mouth. He begged for mercy but one of the tenants of my school is ‘he who defies wisdom is no longer a warrior.’

I walked away finally understanding the legend of the dragon and a thousand tigers. Takes one to know one I guess

I’d like to take a moment to explain one particular training stage known as the pothead of a thousand stoners.

I was blindfolded and left in a room with nothing but the sound of the Who playing Sparks to keep me company. “He who masters the bong, conquers the oil”, the words of my friend reverberated around my brain; what did it mean? What could my wise friend be hinting at with these beautiful but cryptic words?

A day went past and I felt the halogen beat down upon my brow. The Daltrey sang and my friend looked on as I sat in meditation. “When will I face my inner self and conquer the bong?” I wondered, but still no answer.

On the third day my power went out and the mood turned cold. Still I pondered the wisdom of my friend, no closer to the answer. Suddenly a bong appeared from nowhere. Still blindfolded I didn’t see it, but thankfully the sounds of bubbling in the air and the smell of the weed alerted my mind. OF COURSE! My bong — meaning the calmness of my stoner mind — had finally been conquered.

I took the blindfold off to see ten friends of weed, former friends who had turned their back on the ganja and chosen the clean and sober path. “ I need a lighter” I said ten times, and ten times they refused. Then I knew it was payback time…

One of them started chain lighting matches while another drew a three-section-bong. Enough was a enough. I relied on the wisdom training of my friend and employed some devilish trickery, moving like a shadow in the midnight sun. Having defeated nine of the renegades with old fashioned Sobriety Coins, I felt the leader deserved something stronger; A 30 year chip.

I crept up behind and just when he noticed me I said, “I guess the Oil really is mightier than the weed”, winked at him and spread some hash oil onto some tin foil. He begged for mercy but one of the tenants of my school is ‘he who defies the bong must do the oil.’

I walked away finally understanding the legend of the pothead and a thousand stoners. Takes one to know one I guess

Quote Originally Posted by HeroFightWarrio View Post
    I’d like to take a moment to explain one particular training stage known as the dragon of a thousand tigers.
    You're one of those guys that Gene gets to troll the forums when things get too quiet, right?

I guess if you like pre school level.

He could help Tarentino write Kill Bill 3.

Not that I could tolerate either of the first two movies.

What part of the story upsets you? I didn't write this in order for you to get scared and start writing jealous comments, I wrote it to reveal one of many training events I went through on my warrior quest. I guess I won't bother writing about 'The Fire of the Crane's Beak' in that case.

Co-opting asian culture, just like Tarantino and Panda Express.

white crane attacks the mirror technique

On the way to training yesterday....I walked up the stairs and saw a man who wasn't there.......he wasn't there again today.....gee I wish he would go away!

Just wanted to share....hope it helps others in there training.

Not sure if you deserve to hear another part of my training, when I was in the hidden mountains.

Not sure if you deserve to hear another part of my training, when I was in the hidden mountains.
    I do. Make it a good one.

Please go ahead with your story.

We will try to be worthy of your epic tale.

Any chance this can be moved out of the Praying Mantis forum? Its not really relevant here.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

me too,do you have pictures to prove yoursName:  IMG_7753.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  93.2 KBName:  OWFL8E{DHRUCN51HTOQUJN6.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  14.6 KB

They got some kind of pole wired down to Wiz C's head. Ancient strength methods probably.

That is cool dude. You are living your dreams !!!! How many get to do that ? How many had to change theirs because of all the different circumstances that come up and you have to decide do I do this or do what my wife say's? LOL. Truer than some think. Those kind of things. You are inspiration.

thanks man, there is a documentary film being made about my life in china called just that[living the dream]