Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dragon of a Thousand Tigers

"I went through on my warrior quest."

This is someone who watched Avatar the last air bender one too many times. The key is in the language..lol. Warrior Quest??

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    "I went through on my warrior quest."

This is someone who watched Avatar the last air bender one too many times. The key is in the language..lol. Warrior Quest??
    So that is the source. It is a great idea really. Use someone else work as the template. Until a time you can fill in your own creativity. One day, you will no longer need the template. I wish him well with his writing career and suggest 2 books that may be useful for him and really anyone.

1) Outliers

2) Talent is Overrated.

Take care everyone.

I'm sorry boxerbilly,

I was directing my comment to the starter of the thread("dragon of a thousand tigers"). I thought your reply was funny..but for obviously different reasons.

Peace,
    LTN

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    I'm sorry boxerbilly,

I was directing my comment to the starter of the thread("dragon of a thousand tigers"). I thought your reply was funny..but for obviously different reasons.

Peace,
    LTN
    Thank you. I understood you were directing your comment to him. I apologize, I often post in a way to provide benefit to all. Really, everyone should read those 2 books.
    After, one will say, I know that stuff. But, were you doing that stuff?

Anyway, if he want's to do creative writing. He should be encouraged. And ideally pointed to avenues that may assist him in reaching the end. I was sort of a **** to the guy. Old forum habits from other places. I myself was a D_I_C_K_ and could be just plain nasty to people. Something I no longer want to practice. But, how quickly I resorted to old ways. I should not have even bothered really. I bet he is an okay guy in real life. Just having some fun. But, the old board wars are done. And thank God for it. That **** played itself out. Everyone trying to do one better. One meaner. Waste of my time.

Sorry fellows. Think of it like this.

When these forums came out. Everyone was so nice and sharing. Wanting to help one another. Educate each other. Then across the board, no matter what the forum was about. Things degenerated to nothing but personal attacks. Data mining to prove this or that about someone. Fingers in your face and we all ate it up. WHY ? Because we no longer had to be polite as we do in real life. We don't go around behaving like we did in the Glory Days of posting. I'm better than you!!! BU__SH__T. Yeah, sometimes great stuff came out of it and you actually learned something. But, mostly it was just fun in a way we are not allowed in real life. I can make fun of you. Oh he is trying to get clever, I'll out do him. I'll make people afraid to post. Now, Id rather make people afraid to post that NONSENSE. It serves no real purpose to why these places were created. Just, who is the best at slinging words.

So, instead of saying to someone your art sucks. Id rather find out what in your art is good. What value does it offer me. What is the common ground to things I learned.

Anyway, people do what ever you like. If I like it, I may participate. If I don't, I'm staying out of that thread. Do my best to anyway. I am better than no one and have nothing to prove. Just share is all I can do. Take what you like from it and leave the rest I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    So, instead of saying to someone your art sucks. Id rather find out what in your art is good. What value does it offer me. What is the common ground to things I learned. .
    Pretty much the exact opposite of how you've responded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroFightWarrio View Post
    Pretty much the exact opposite of how you've responded to me.
    I believe you are correct. I apologize. I do not recall writing anything specifically about your art in a negative. I know nothing of it. But, I may be mistaken. I did have issues with your fiction. Thought you were here to cause trouble. But, I am not the forum police. Write whatever you want to. If I like it, Ill participate. If I disagree I will say so. If I have nothing positive to add, Ill do my best to refrain.

I too believe many thought I was here to cause trouble. Never my intent. Maybe never your either. Sorry.

Bill

You are here to cause trouble. You incessantly double post on my threads, making a mockery of the beautiful and heroic art of John Jitsu. Do you wish to make amends truly?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroFightWarrio View Post
    You are here to cause trouble. You incessantly double post on my threads, making a mockery of the beautiful and heroic art of John Jitsu. Do you wish to make amends truly?
    Nope !

But I will stay out of threads you start. I have decided they are of little value to myself.

Take care.

You don't wish to make amends = you are a troublemaker. Be gone bad-doer.