Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muk Yee Pai - (木耳牌) Wooden Ear Plates & Sek So - (石锁) Stone Locks

Stone Locks are in!

When I got home today there were some packages waiting for me from Atomic Athletic. I knew exactly what they were before I opened them.

Oh man, let me say that these locks are even cooler than I imagined. I was going to wait for my next workout tomorrow to get going with these but I just couldnt wait.

Roger was nice enough to send me a a first draft of the workout course course that he's writing for the stone locks. Theres several different stone lock workouts listed but I did some of each one. I started off with some basic upper body movements and my grip was fried in no time. Then I moved on to the pushup variations and abdominal work. I finished up with some snatches, cleans and form work. Let me say that my hands and wrists are so worked that I am having trouble typing this. Every exercise with these stresses the grip and that is going to translate into some major striking power. No wonder the monks were so badass.

Just to be clear, I have had extensive work with Russian Kettlebells and there is no contest. There is so much more that can be done with these its not even funny. Another plus is that they don't take up much room and they look so **** cool.
    -Kid

I have some pictures, is there any way to post them?

Thanx.

-Kid

If it's small enough, you can attach files to your posts. Look under the message box on your post reply screen.

So, did your mailman say "what kind of bs practical joke is this?"
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

there were some packages waiting for me from Atomic Athletic. I knew exactly what they were before I opened them.
    I'd hope so... assuming that you ordered them and such.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I guess I dont have a way with words Anyhow, heres a pic:

-Kid

Um, no. Here isn't.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Re: Stone Locks are in!

Originally posted by KombatKid
    I started off with some basic upper body movements and my grip was fried in no time. Then I moved on to the pushup variations and abdominal work. I finished up with some snatches, cleans and form work. Let me say that my hands and wrists are so worked that I am having trouble typing this. Every exercise with these stresses the grip and that is going to translate into some major striking power.

So far, how is this differing from your kettlebell experiences?

No wonder the monks were so badass.

we don't really KNOW that the monks were badass...

Just to be clear, I have had extensive work with Russian Kettlebells and there is no contest. There is so much more that can be done with these its not even funny.

like what?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I echo each of SevenStar's questions.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I have had a ton of people email me for Stone Lock exercise info. I do appreciate Roger sending me the first draft of his Stone Lock course but it would not be fair of me to give away that information for free.

I'll mention a few exercises and thats it.

When I say that I did upper body movements, pushup variations , abdominal etc it was all with Stone locks. The leverages that the locks have make some common exercise into killers.

I did a set of curls with each arm keeping the lock in line with the forearm the whole time. The pressure on the wrist and grip was phenomenal.

Try doing a curl with a kettlebell like that, yeah right, good luck.

Certainly kettlebells lend themselves well to certain exercises. I'm not saying that they are bad, just that there is more variety with stone locks.
    Last edited by KombatKid; 05-26-2004 at 12:17 PM.

Originally posted by KombatKid
    I have had a ton of people email me for Stone Lock exercise info. I do appreciate Roger sending me the first draft of his Stone Lock course but it would not be fair of me to give away that information for free.

I don't have an intention on trying them - you don't have to go into detail about the exercises. I want to know what makes them different from kettlebell exercises.

When I say that I did upper body movements, pushup variations , abdominal etc it was all with Stone locks. The leverages that the locks have make some common exercise into killers.

as in gripping the handle of the lock while doing pushups? people do those with kettlebells.

I did a set of curls with each arm keeping the lock in line with the forearm the whole time. The pressure on the wrist and grip was phenomenal.

Try doing a curl with a kettlebell like that, yeah right, good luck.

didn't you get 10 and 20lb locks? with a kb of those weights, I bet you can.

Certainly kettlebells lend themselves well to certain exercises. I'm not saying that they are bad, just that there is more variety with stone locks.

we understand - I'm not saying locks are bad. We're curious about this variety you keep talking about.

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I don't have an intention on trying them - you don't have to go into detail about the exercises. I want to know what makes them different from kettlebell exercises.
    Let me leave it as this, due to the shape and design of the stone lock, the center of mass, the handle size and the physics involved, you can do almost all of the KB exercises with stone locks, there are few stone lock exercises that can be done with kettlebells.

If you have no intention of trying them then there is no point in me telling you much about them since you would have to try them to truly understand.

didn't you get 10 and 20lb locks? with a kb of those weights, I bet you can.
    Actually no you cant, I have used the smaller kettlebells and you can't do anything like this with them.

Have you ever used kettlebells?

yeah, I have.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

We don't believe you.

wouldn't be the first time. I'm all about proof myself though, so here's what I'll do. The KB I have access to is a heavier one - not sure of the weight, but I KNOW I can't curl it and keep it on line with my wrist. Dragondoor sells smaller ones now (the women's line) - I will order a set, and if I can do it, I will get video and post it here.

Sound good?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Yes, order the women's line. When you try the curl, make sure your palm is up. You can also try a hammer curl and press with it and also be sure to also get some footage of you doing a pushup or handstand on them.

Good luck!
    Last edited by KombatKid; 05-27-2004 at 09:06 AM.