Thread: Donna Kei Benz

Donna Kei Benz

Anyone know what happened to her?

She was in the Challenge 1982 with Glenn and Mifune. Pray for Death with Kosugi and Stir Crazy with Pryor and Wilder. I know she was also in the Ninja espisode's of Chips with Fred Dryrer .

Anyone recall and Hollywood rag articles from the 80's saying she was done acting ? Did she marry a rich dude in the industry and he called her job quits? Anyone?

edit-just found here film/ tv credits on French Wiki

Hawaii State Police (Hawaii Five-O), TV series 3 episodes: 1969: Season 2, Episode 8, The Feather Mantle (King Kamehameha Blues)
    1970: Season 3, Episode 10, The Thief Monopoly (Over Fifty Steal?)
    1978: season 10, episode 19, The War to an end (When Does a War End?)

1971: Green Acres (Green Acres) TV Series: Episode Hawaiian Honeymoon
    1973: Murdock's Gang, TV movie
    1978: Crash TV movie about the crash of Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 1972
    1979: Hart to Hart (Hart to Hart) TV Series: Season 1, Episode 12 The Man with jade eyes (The Man with the Jade Eyes) (under the name of Shana Li)
    1979: A Man Called Sloane (A Man Called Sloane) TV Series: Episode 2, The Seduction Squad
    1979: Mandrake, TV movie
    1980: Should s'faire the trunk (Stir Crazy), of Sidney Poitier
    1981: Looker, of Michael Crichton
    1982: Equal weapons (The Challenge), of John Frankenheimer
    1982: Chips, television series: Force Episode Seven
    1982: Quincy (Quincy ME) TV Series: Season 8, Episode 10 Sword of Honor, Blade of Death
    1985: Prayer for a killer (Pray for Death), by Gordon Hessler
    1986: Moon in Scorpio, of Gary Graver
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 09-11-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Well, I can't help here, but it's more probable that she simply quit acting, as opposed to a husband making her stop. Lots of actors stop acting; oftentimes, roles (or at least quality roles) become harder and harder to come by for many actors/actresses, especially beyond a certain age. And particularly for someone with an "ethnic/Asian" look. For that and other reasons, acting can become less appealing, and other things become more important and fulfilling.

Yeah, she probably had children and called it a day. Plus the Ninja craze was winding down. The Challenge was one of my favorite films as a young boy. I must have watched it 50 times. She was a main reason.

I totally understand that. When I was a kid, I had a thing for Barbara Carrera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I totally understand that. When I was a kid, I had a thing for Barbara Carrera.
    I to think Carrera was beautiful . My first sight of her was in " I, The Jury" .

The Challenge fight clip- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFX521NqWf0

I, The Jury (1982) (Theatrical Trailer) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G-m6lLBLI